• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modder service request

StanTeate

Enlightened
Wasn't sure just where to put this thread as I would like to enlist the services of a good modder, not buy a modded flashlight. A while back I saw posted a mod of a LionHeart with a Lux V in it. I have looked for the thread and my skills have proved inadequate. I have a LionHeart with a 168A battery tube and the LionHead, (i.e. Medium sized 27 head, I believe). Being fortunant to get an XX1S, I'd like to put this in my LionHeart. I have read that putting a Lux V in a 27 does not yield all that much throw. I agree. I do have 2 modified Pelican's with 27 reflectors and while the Lux III probably throws farther, the overall volume of light out of the Lux V is significant, with decent throw, in my eyes. And I am not going to be picking off prairie dogs at night with this light, and I find that I use the light for less than or equal to a minute at a time so heat buildup shouldn't be to great, but I do have concerns with the plastic reflector. Do I have any takers?
StanTeate