Email Boxes?

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fast question, if I may?

What email do you use and why did you choose it?

Many thanks!

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my own. I got tired of checking all those free ones and we needed to switch off of road runner since AOL destroyed it in the merger so I figured if I had to tell everyone a new address we would just do it once and registered my own domain. So now it doesn't matter who I use for an ISP my e-mail will always stay the same.

dgc

Newly Enlightened
I use my own too but I also enjoy the free-for-life service (basic forward plan) at bigfoot.com. I usually give the forward address to closest friends and relatives.

greenLED

Flashaholic
My primary home for years was Yahoo!, but when Gmail came out I received an invitation and never looked back.

I tried Hotmail once, but within a week my account was so full of spam that I quit checking it. I have a couple of others that I use for on-line registrations only (spam feeders).

Jamrock

Newly Enlightened
I use Gmail :naughty: why?

-It has 2751 MB and counting of storage space.
No need to delete anything

-Has a 2min. Auto Refresh

-It has a great Email SEARCH function
No need to Sort your Emails,Just use the SEARCH

-[size=-1]Each message is grouped with all its replies and displayed as a conversation.
[/size]Keeps each forum subscription emails grouped together.

-Has a great SPAM & filter
Automatic detects Spam & tosses it in the SPAM Folder instead of your Inbox

-Has a SPOOF & PHISHING Detection and Warning
Warns you if an Email is not coming from a source it says it's coming from like those Fake Ebay & Paypal fishing Emails.

This is good for people like me who is a member of a bunch of Forums and share and recieve alota Files,images,Forum Subscriptions and what not.:naughty:

Gmail RAWKS!!:rock:

-Chris

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gmail.

So integrated into other stuff its great. Crapload of space. A quick, simple and really nice looking layout. Built in Google Chat service, thats freaking awesome if you have plenty of people who use Google Talk, or have a GMail account.

And the folks at Google have an awesome sense of humor. Those with Gmail accounts, have you ever noticed when you go into your SPAM inbox, and look at the RSS Feed bar at the top of all the emails in the box, it gives you "Great" Spam Recipes. As in the food spam. I dont know about ya'll, but I think thats hysterical.

If you have an address or shipping track code in an email, Gmail can see it and will have a built in link all ready to click and take you straight to that tracking codes site on FedEx, UPS, etc...

The little bar at the top left of the screen in Gmail quickly gets you to google.com, your Google Calendar, or your GMail screen if not already there.

Gmail has a very sweet setup for WebService. I believe its the best by far. They also offer POP3 access which many free services dont.

-C

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My "public" one is/has been Hotmail since 1/1/00. "private" has been my ISP through at least 2 ownerships. (Plicks made me change it, but gave me almost a year.) It works for me an no urgency to change anything.

Larry

Fenris

Enlightened
InFlux said:
I use Gmail too. I've got tons of invites if you need one :)

Influx, I thought Gmail stopped taking invites quite a few months ago. If they started again I'd love it if you'd send one my way.

PM sent.

Mad1

Enlightened
I use my own domains and I use Gmail.

I would recommend Gmail though because its free and easy to use and you get masses of storage space.

The domain i use is gmail.com but unfortunatly due to legal issues the newer domains are googlemail.com and its alot more to type.

If you want an invite just send me a PM with an email address (applys to anyone) and I will send you an invite.

You can't sign up yourself as it's a beta and its not quite finished.