CPF censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't beleive that stuff that is suitable for network TV is inappropriate for CPF. Case in point this thread was locked and all links removed because a link to a clip from a network TV show offended some CPF blue nose (too cowardly to post who they were).

I could have sworn that we were all grown ups here, but apparently not. When you give some children power, the tend to take advantage of it just because thay can.

If you care to reply to this post, please do it quick before this Thread gets locked also.

If you don't hear from me again, you'll know I've been banned because I expressed an opinion.

MicroE

Enlightened
If you have a disagreement with a moderator, contact that moderator by PM or email.
The CPF rules allow the moderators wide latitude, so you'll probably be told to drop it or take it to the underground.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I agree 100%, except in reverse.

I can't believe that something that was raunchy enough to get banned on the net is allowed on network tv!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
CPF is a family forum, which allows children.

Censorship on CPF includes potty language & sexual content or any link that contains toliet language or sexual content. Words that you might hear on network TV may be a CPF no-no for the above cited reason.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I visit here because of the emphasis on flashlights, electronics, gadgets and toys in general so rules and restrictions on other unrelated topics don't really bother me much. For those who are not in a few unnamed countries, there is the whole unrestrained rest of the internet available out there if you're looking for freedom of speech, with a capital "F".

jtr1962

Flashaholic
nerdgineer said:
For those who are not in a few unnamed countries, there is the whole unrestrained rest of the internet available out there if you're looking for freedom of speech, with a capital "F".
Agreed. The relatively high level of censorship here doesn't bother me much. There are other places I can and do post if I feel like writing diatribes laced with expletives, or talking about very controversial topics. It's nice to come here to talk shop in a fairly clean atmosphere.

Illum

Flashaholic
MicroE said:
If you have a disagreement with a moderator, contact that moderator by PM or email.
The CPF rules allow the moderators wide latitude, so you'll probably be told to drop it or take it to the underground.

take it to the underground?
:thinking: i know of CPF nnderground but i thought its active only if the CPF itself goes down....

savumaki

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
I visit here because of the emphasis on flashlights, electronics, gadgets and toys in general so rules and restrictions on other unrelated topics don't really bother me much. For those who are not in a few unnamed countries, there is the whole unrestrained rest of the internet available out there if you're looking for freedom of speech, with a capital "F".

I second the motion. If you want all the other 'cutesy' content, its not hard to find. I frequent another forum where links are frowned on very severely.
BTW, I did follow the link to a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.