Just ordered p1 now batteries

cyfun

Newly Enlightened
I Just ordered my Fenix P1. I am now interested in the options I have for batteries. And where is the best places to get good batteries at. what does everyone recomend?

Tightgroup

Newly Enlightened
I use the protected rechargeables in mine, or in a pinch a Surefire 123. You can find all manner of options from one of the sponsors here on CPF. The P1 is a GREAT light, your gonna love it...

Todd

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with something besides the batterystation CR123's. I have them and they seem to not have as high energy concentration as others. My Peak Glacier is supposed to get around 2.5 hours of light but only manages 1.5 on the Batterystation brand. I also recall seeing other runtime graphs that showed the Batterystation CR123's as sub par.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Protected LiIon rechargable R123As, I suggest the following sources:

Dae at www.qualitychinagoods.com - his new version is smaller in diameter and can be used in lights that typically wouldn't fit protected R123As.

MarkCM at e-lectronics.net

AW in the Dealer's forum

For primaries, I prefer Sanyo, Rayovac, Streamlight, Duracell, and Surefire. Sanyo's are the lowest priced of this bunch and can be had for $1 each.

LGCubana

Enlightened
jsr said:
For Protected LiIon rechargable R123As, I suggest the following sources:

Dae at www.qualitychinagoods.com - his new version is smaller in diameter and can be used in lights that typically wouldn't fit protected R123As...

Which battery are you referring to ?

750 mAh
800 mAh
880 mAh (UltraFire Combo)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
accelerated learning curve for new light enthuiastists:

fenix store (4sevens) for the P1

lighthound.com for the rechargables and charger

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
If you want rcr123s, I recomend to go to the dealers section and order from AW. They come with a smart charger so you cant overcharge. Also very quick shipping.

LGCubana

Enlightened
AW's are having diameter issues.
Between LightHound & QualityChinaGoods the exact same items shipped, costs double. Guess I'll be going overseas.

If I'm breaking some edict buy posting a cost analysis, let me know.

Last edited: