How many amps can a Maglite switch take?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been running 3.35 A bulbs in my Mag Chargers with no problems. Does anyone know if the M/C switch mechanism is the same as with the Mag C's and D's?

BeamChucker

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Guys. That puts some frame of reference on things. Mag tests them to 2 amps. Lemlux uses them regularly at 3.35A. Well maybe, we just need to find out if C's and D's use the same switch as the magcharger. This would be good info to have since I'd like to go to 3.35A myself. Any other experiences?

From the other end, whose burned up Mag switches before? What kind of amps were you running at the time?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
StreamChucker:

Careful. 3.35 A is OK in my mag Charger, but I questioned (not clearly enough, I guess) if the regular Mag D and C switches are as beefy. They may not be. On the other hand, the M/C OEM bulb is < 2.0 Amps, so they may be as current capable.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure shudder at the thought of running 3.35 amps through that tiny spring at the positive battery contact terminal... The amount of resistance...

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M/C switch does not get warm. The highest current bulbs I currently have for the regular Mags are all 1.7 Amps. I've not noticed any switch warmth at 1.7 amps.

Latest posts