Proton LED Flashlight OR The Fenix P1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zipit

Newly Enlightened
Please HELP !

I need to know what to buy for a compact light.

Ok ok ok..... I know that they are a lot different I tend to like BRIGHT... but the options on the proton are very appealing. Also batteries would be cheaper and easier to steal out of a TV remote or anything else. All opinions welcome or beam shots.

Thanks for your help.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since there are no other verbal replies, I'll give you one. :grin2:

The P1 is brighter, tougher, smaller, cheaper, and uses a single Luxeon for more throw. Runtime is similar, although fully regulated as compared to the Proton's dimming output. It's very popular here on CPF.

Check out www.flashlightreviews.com!

P.S.: IMHO, it also looks better.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little apples and oranges as they run off different battery types. Do you prefer AA's or are CR/RCR123's OK? If AA's, the Fenix L1T is probably a better match to the Proton. In that case, I think most of TigerhawkT3's comments of the P1 still apply, i.e. the L1T has more throw, more output, is cheaper, is regulated, etc. etc.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true, nerdgineer, very true. I just fixated on the P1 because I just got one and I don't have an L1T. However, I do have an L2T and it's excellent. I EDC the L2T and P1 now. The L1T might be a good fit for the OP's request.