I ment laser rifle/pistol plans for my business

Status
Not open for further replies.

MON

Newly Enlightened
geez talk about a laser rifle/pistol and people get hostil on you I was simply asking to see I anyone out had made one and sold plans/instruckions or kits and maybe had pics/videos online of it in action because am I getting ready to start a laser tag business and I was wondering If some one had a better looking design for a laser rifle/pistol that's all and Ive seen the one's for lasertag that are made and they suck they to much like toys so I was asking to see if one of you had or saw one that looked more real or had one more realistic like what you would see I the real world okay:xyxgun:

D Nichl

Newly Enlightened
Don't laser tag guns just use IR LED's with laser pointers on them.

MON

Newly Enlightened
yes but the one's that are out now look junky and Iam trying to slim them down and makem more realistic looking you know what I mean?

SmithB

Newly Enlightened
The guns just simply use a low output red laser for pointing purposes. The laser is the least of your "problem."

First, you're going to want to find someone to injection mold the bodies of your "laser guns." That probably won't be cheap. Of course, you're going to need someone to design them. Whittling them out of a hunk of plastic probably won't be efficient.

Then there's all that fancy circuitry that detects when you hit someone, or when you get hit. That's probably going to take some knowhow.

You're also going to have to build a radio communication system into the "weapon" that communicates hits, misses, kills, and deaths to a central database that prints out those little score sheets, and determines which team wins.

Or you could just strap a red laser pointer on a Wal*Mart toy revolver and hope the players pretend to "die" on the honor system.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Moderative actions are not meant to be a topic of public discussion, you can contact the moderator who closed your thread in private.
Duplicate threads of closed topics are another no-no.
So ... this one is closed, and you are reminded to update yourself on the rules of this place or leave.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts