Looking for reflector for 2D Maglite....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should I go with a metal version or just get the regular plastic version? I'm running the ol' 3x123 + 5D Krypton lamp setup. I have a LDF lens in it already so I don't need the textured reflectors.

Does anyone know if there are any other bulbs I can use with this set up?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plastic one will be fine for your usage. You'll blow the bulb before there's any damage to the reflector or the lens. If you want to spend the money, you'd probably be better off with a LOP reflector and a clear lens than using a LDF lens. You might want to try using the 6 cell Mag-Num Star Xenon bulb, like Doug used in the flashlightreviews.com article. I don't think you'll lose much in output and you should get longer bulb life. If you go that route, get two bulbs so that you can stash a spare in the tailcap.

KDOG3 said:
Should I go with a metal version or just get the regular plastic version? I'm running the ol' 3x123 + 5D Krypton lamp setup. I have a LDF lens in it already so I don't need the textured reflectors.

Does anyone know if there are any other bulbs I can use with this set up?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
The plastic one will be fine for your usage. You'll blow the bulb before there's any damage to the reflector or the lens. If you want to spend the money, you'd probably be better off with a LOP reflector and a clear lens than using a LDF lens. You might want to try using the 6 cell Mag-Num Star Xenon bulb, like Doug used in the flashlightreviews.com article. I don't think you'll lose much in output and you should get longer bulb life. If you go that route, get two bulbs so that you can stash a spare in the tailcap.

what he said. the 6-cell bulb will be fine for the setup with whiter light and longer life.

reflectalite.com sells a GH24 bulb that I found to be exceptional for 3 123s with a generous hotspot. For metal reflectors talk to Litho123(the host of the longest ever groupbuy) or the SS shop.