Chameleon question

iced_theater

Enlightened
I'm curious if I can use regular 3.0 volt cr123a batteries on the Chameleon until I buy some 3.6 volt ones. Also, what 3.6 volt batteries do you recommend for the Chameleon? I just got the light today and would like to try it out.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the regular CR123A's you won't be able to reach the higher levels of the light. Like level 5. You can use them but it won't be as bright.

On RCR123's you can reach level 5 but only for a short time.

I use Protected RCR123's from AW and Light Hound.

I also use the optional 18650 tube I bought fron Otokoyama. With this tube your runtimes will be extended. Level 5 can be run for a longer time.

Straight 18650 Battery Tube.

dsc02180small5fb.jpg

Flared 150A Battery Tube.

dsc02179small1oy.jpg

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
The converter has low-voltage cut-off so you can use either...

I prefer protected because of safety but I think you get more capacity with unprotected. The LG 2600 mah should last a long time with the 18650 tube...

iced_theater

Enlightened
I tried some of my Titanium brand cr123a batteries in the light, and it works for a few minutes on low and maybe 30 seconds on ct2, but then it shuts off and wont work for any level. I guess the Titanium's just can't handle the stress put on it, but I don't know for sure. I ordered some Powerizers though last night, so hopefully I'll be able to use the light soon :)