What kind of beam is the new XO with reflector?

dmz

Enlightened
What kind of beam is the new XO with reflector? Is it a narrow or wide flood? How far does it throw?

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
This little light is the bee's knees. I've had mine a few days now and I love it. Every time I turn it on I can't believe it will put out that much light for over five hours. I got a T2 because of the long run time, but the beam from my X0 is more useful / practical for me. The beam is white, not blue, and smooth but I'd never notice it being "smooth" except comparing it to another light on a wall. Nice hot spot and good spill. I can't guess at any numbers, but I think it's as bright as my Fenix L2T with AA lithiums in it. I wish it had more grip to it like my T2 'cause these aluminum lights can be kinda slippery, but the output is great. Just my opinion, natch'.
Ken

dmz

Enlightened
Ken 222, will the T2 clickie tailcap work on the new XO with reflector?

x2x3x2

Banned
#Ken 222

The X0 reflector version is as bright as L2T on lithiums?

Illum

Flashaholic
Inova's TIR optics pretty much makes it spot, without them your looking at a spotty flood and few rings, like the perfect concentric halos and the perfect spot focus of the optics.:laughing:

Im thinking of buying one just to try it out....:grin2:

the floody beam adds some points to the intensity from mimial optic loss...but it also kills the throw compared to the old XO [now XO2] by about 200 units
:awman: [just reading the review]

Last edited:

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
#Ken 222

The X0 reflector version is as bright as L2T on lithiums?

Yeah, L2T on high. But,..... my scientific observations are usually conducted in my back yard shining a few different lights at the fence, shed, etc. :laughing:

I'll prolly compare those two again tonight when I have time and see if I'm partial to the "new" light vs the "not new" one.
Ken

dmz

Enlightened
I'm going to pass on the new XO with reflector. I was hoping a clickie solution.