I need help. My wife needs a flashlight !!

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
My wife is not happy with 80 lumens. So, I put a P91 in a G2 with 2 R123's (unprotected) at 3.6 volts each. It puts out about 170 lumens, but it only runs for about 8 minutes. She likes the power and it does light up the path, but she does not understand the delicate nature of my unprotecteds.
So, I need the same output, same size, rechargeable, same reliability of surefire, (not the TL-2 or TL-3, because the bulb falls out, unless there is a way to secure that bulb), but a little longer runtime (20 to 30 minutes is fine).

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Siskik:)

Welcome at CPF:grin2:

What do you want to spend? Is incan a must or Led or HID too?

There are more than a lot of possibilities.

Best regards

____
Tom

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
She does NOT like the blue tint of even the L4, which is pretty white. She prefers the sunshine color of an incan or HID. I would like to keep it under $150.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
GarageBoy said:
Err, keep the r123s topped off. You're drawing 8C off the batteries

I do try to keep them topped off. I better hurry and find a longer running light because I only have 2 more pairs of those r123's left. I rotate them.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money, I think the TL-3 and Wolf-Eyes 9DX are the best values. The bulb falling out thing doesn't really happen that often or have that many cases where it does occur. I have had 4 Streamlights and no probs. If it does fall out, you can either send it back to SL and they'll send you a replacement or remove the red o-ring and bend the prongs a bit on the bi-pin bulb which will essentially make it not fall out again. Like I said tho, it doesn't really occur in that many SLs. The W/E 9DX is a nice light...I like the design and has that mini-turbo head for more throw. A standard W/E 9AX is nice too with a smaller head. Any of the W/E xenons should meet your needs and be well below your budget. You can also get a 6MX with mini-turbo head and get a 9V bulb and run the R123As you already have for the same output, good throw, and in a smaller package than the 3cell versions.

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
jsr said:
For the money, I think the TL-3 and Wolf-Eyes 9DX are the best values. The bulb falling out thing doesn't really happen that often or have that many cases where it does occur. I have had 4 Streamlights and no probs. If it does fall out, you can either send it back to SL and they'll send you a replacement or remove the red o-ring and bend the prongs a bit on the bi-pin bulb which will essentially make it not fall out again. Like I said tho, it doesn't really occur in that many SLs. The W/E 9DX is a nice light...I like the design and has that mini-turbo head for more throw. A standard W/E 9AX is nice too with a smaller head. Any of the W/E xenons should meet your needs and be well below your budget. You can also get a 6MX with mini-turbo head and get a 9V bulb and run the R123As you already have for the same output, good throw, and in a smaller package than the 3cell versions.

I was thinking about removing the red o-ring, but won't that allow too much movement of that bi-pin?

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
fire-stick said:
What about the surefire C3\HOLA with li-ion's?

All I needed was someone to suggest the C3\HOLA. Cuz that's what I really want !!:sold: How do I buy one here at CPF? Can I ? How long do the li-on's last with the HOLA ?

ericg533

Newly Enlightened
I would get it from tacticalsupply.com

PM me for a discount code. After using the discount code the price will be so low you won't find a better deal on ebay.

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
AW's latest 17500's will definitely work, although the 17670's may be better to keep the current draw under 2C. I think it will work on some of the others, but not sure. I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable handing my wife a p91 running on unprotected 123's. The current draw is really high. AW's newest protected 123's work on a p90. That would be the way I would go to keep the same form factor. Or keep the p91 go to the 3 cell and use protected 17500's or add an extension and use protected 17670's for better run time. 9P would be the cheap way to go, but the C3 is a lot sexier.

benighted said:
Will the C3/HOLA run on 2 protected17500's?