GITD Contest!!!!

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
This contest is FOR FUN. There will be no prizes, sorry.

RULES:
There will be a picture of an item with GITD material on it. Your job is to guess what the item is. The items can be flashlights, but they may not be. Post your guesses please.

Some are very challenging, some are fairly easy. GOOD LUCK!

1:
Hint: A light that was sold and modded by Haveblue. Stripes used to be RED. <-think antarctica.... SPORTS! First word: _____ Cajun. Second word: Polar bears and _______ don't live together.
img8114fa7.jpg

2:
HINT: Milkyspit should know what this is. Think birds. The whole light is pretty much bathed in GITD powder.
img8106fd1.jpg

3:KSH92474 - Camillus Sizzle
HINT: A knife. Garageboy, where are you? There are three sizes to this knife. They are named similar to warmth. This one is the smallest in the series.
img8103zx8.jpg
img8104lp4.jpg

4:KSH92474 - Byrd Robin
HINT: People have been clamoring for something like this for a while. This is named after the byrd that comes out in the spring.
img8097lw9.jpg
img8087ih2.jpg
- note the ROUND hole :grin2: more pics

5:
HINT: A mod light that was sold several years ago. The member that sold this is no longer active at CPF. The second iteration of this popular light. III is a headlamp. I have no idea what I is.
img8118so9.jpg
img8116mc4.jpg

6: GreenLED - modded L1P with glowstickie and homemade afterburner
img8119gu0.jpg
img8120tn8.jpg

7:Rando - RiverRock 2AAA
HINT: $10. I bought it at target.

8:GreenLED - Delrin Tailcap ring w/ holes+glowpoxy
HINT: Something for Surefires. Not made of aluminum. I modified it. Created by one of our very own members.

Notice the color transition ^.^

9:GreenLED - ArcAAA clone
HINT: Cheapie. I'm planning on modding it with a luxeon. Think millermods.

:lolsign:

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better to just show off your expertise at taking low light pics... You can 'paint' the subject with light as your camera waits with the lens open. That'll highlight the essential features without blowing out the image.

Last edited:

Kryosphinx

Enlightened
Oh no, you see, the whole point of these pics is to be difficult. IMO, 5 can be solved. The rest, good luck.

I have to say though, these pics did come out nicely. Anyone who's tried to photograph glow powder knows what i'm talking about. It's tough to get them in focus.

greenLED

Flashaholic
2 is a Gatlight

3 is a knife of some sort

6&7 glo-ring around the L1P button. :nana: I have the same setup on my L1P.
The Glowsticky is attached to the light.

9 is a Fenix P1

greenLED

Flashaholic
:thinking: "pull for overdrive"... that's gotta be some kind of pocket rocket, you know, the kind you attach to a Ti clip and carry along.

:lolsign:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I couldn't resist. I posted that pic on the ~2.2kW AN/VSS-1 tank searchlight thread, and it's about 4" X 6". CarbonArc is the only member so far to have one up and running. That is the control box for one of them and was mounted down inside an M60 Main Battle Tank. (The M60 preceeded the Abrahms.) Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be Radium paint as you have to excite it to get to glow. I think it was kind of kewl for Uncle Sam to have provided the tankers with a GITD label on a searchlight control panel! I'm in the process of wiring/mounting mine now.

Larry

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
Kryosphinx said:
3:
HINT: A knife. Garageboy, where are you? There are three sizes to this knife. They are named similar to warmth. This one is the smallest in the series.
img8103zx8.jpg

4:
HINT: People have been clamoring for something like this for a while. This is named after the byrd that comes out in the spring.
img8097lw9.jpg

3. ill guess is a camillus heat

4 im thinking its a byrd robin or meadowlark