Sam's Choice 3D Flashlight Mod!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sam\'s Choice 3D Flashlight Mod!

I recently acquired this light from my brother. Cheapie but Goodie! The beam is D@mn near perfect!

Well I wanted it to be a little brighter, so what did i do? Well I simply took 4 C batteries and popped them in!(will a little extra force of course) See, the extra length is accomodated by the deep hollow tailcap. The spring is just simply compressed more now. And guess what, the batteries won't move inside the barrel. I tried to get them to by banging the flashlight on the palm of my hand(pretty hard) and they didn't budge. It actually didn't make a single sound! Not to mention it's lighter now too! The only thing i think i need to watch out for is the pressure against the terminal/light bezel.

Just in case, anyone got any suggestions on how to isolate the 4 C's on the sides now?

Velcro

Enlightened
Re: Sam\'s Choice 3D Flashlight Mod!

Originally posted by 4x4Dragon:
Just in case, anyone got any suggestions on how to isolate the 4 C's on the sides now?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A piece of PVC pipe, me thinks.

Velcro

--------------------
{ this space is for rent }

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Here I come to save the day!

1" PVC pipe. The exact length needed is not here in front of me, but usually a trifle shorter than the 4 C cells is what I use. I'm not sure I have a 3D light left that has 3Ds (well my Xenon 3D M*g, and a cheapie from Big Lots that just won't take 4Cs).

And I think 4Cs on a 3 cell bulb is at the beginning of the curve where a bulb will still last a while! (5Cs on 4 better, 6Cs on a 5 even better).

And them Sams lights (Really Rayovac Industrial 3Ds) do make really nice beams don't they!!!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by PlayboyJoeShmoe:
Here I come to save the day!

....And them Sams lights (Really Rayovac Industrial 3Ds) do make really nice beams don't they!!!........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, that's the thing. After seeing this flashlight(while it was still my brother's) I really liked it with the near perfect beam and all. So I went and got a Rayovac Idustrial 3D thinking it was basically the same thing, wrong. Industrial is quit different from the Sam's Choice. From the head assembly all the way to the tailcap. Plastic body versus hard rubber. The Industrial put out more of a wide beam(dispersed)and won't fit 4 C's. So I traded with my brother, hehe.