Surefire E2E with KL1/KL4 or L4

peterbu

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know which is the better flashlight to buy in terms of brightness and battery life.

1. Surefire E2E with KL1 head
2. Surefire E2E with KL4 head
3. Surefire L4

Thanks

Danintex

Enlightened
Well, let's see... The KL4 is bright and the KL1 runs forever, but you can't have both. It all depends on your needs/wants. Do you need lots of light over a relatively short distance, or just enough to read a map or book? Are you stuck on SF? The only thing I know- noone escapes emptyhanded.

peterbu

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a bright flashlight for every day use to carry around. Already own the Dominator 10X but that a little large for the old jacket pocket!

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello peterbu:)

Welcome at CPF:grin2:

As EDC, bright enough for the most tasks, I would take a L4 with 2-stage switch, powered by a LiIon-cell, 17670 protected and a DSD-charger.

Best regards

____
Tom

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
peterbu said:
Does anyone know which is the better flashlight to buy in terms of brightness and battery life.

1. Surefire E2E with KL1 head
2. Surefire E2E with KL4 head
3. Surefire L4

Thanks

The E2e with KL4 head and the L4 are the same light. I'd suggest going with the L4 with rechargables as was already mentioned. I would hold off on the 2-stage switch until you try the light and really feel that you need it.

zehnmm

Enlightened
I want to echo what Long John posted.

I have both the KL1 head and the KL4 head.

The KL1 is not as bright as the KL4, and is a decent thrower. On the other hand the KL4 is a flood with little if any throw. I have put the KL4 on an Aleph body that accepts either 2 x 123's or 1x protected 17670. (Most of the time I EDC my KL4+Aleph setup.) Plus I have an Aleph 2-stage tailcap. Currently I have the KL1 on a Vital Gear 3 cell body, powered by 2x protected 17500 rechargeables. Another thing about my setup with the KL1 and Vital Gear body: I can run the light with easy-to-get alkaline AA's.

Verily I sayeth unto you in typical CPF style: Get both the KL1 and KL4!!

Hold on to your wallet and have fun!