Hats off to the other side of the pond...UK

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What can we here in the US say. Some day the terrorist will get through. Thanks to the UK...not this time. THANKS A THOUSAND TIMES UK!!!!

KEN

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
A terrorist group (not sure who) were planning to destroy 9 aircraft bound for the US. If the British had not been on the ball...there would likely be bodies strewn all over the ocean.

Turn on the TV...its on every channel.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur; thanks to the vigilance of U.K. airport security, many more American than English lives have been saved.

I wish I had this type of confidence in our Transportation Security Administration. I don't know about other U.S. airports, but Los Angeles International's outbound security is a freaking joke. Last overseas flight I took, they were still searching checked luggage by hand while the MRI machines stood idle. (Boy I'm sure glad they only paid $80,000 each for those things... they look so nice!)

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
As I understand it, the bombers wanted the airliners to crash into densely populated areas. It would have been quite a carnage. The explosive they wanted to use was a type made popular by Palestinian suicide bombers. It's touchy as all hell, but can be made using readily available materials.

My hat's off to our friends in the UK. Good friends ... good people ... stout hearts. It's a blessing.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congats and thanks to Scotland Yard, MI5, and MI6 for a job well done. The British security services have always been true champions!