dropped my L0P today

vtt

Newly Enlightened
today my L0P dropped while working on tile floor from 2 meters high , i'm glad to report that its still working and looking as good as new.

Last edited:

Taylorf

Enlightened
Re: droped my L0P today

Good thing the floor was tile.
I have dropped my Orb Raw a couple of times outside and its got a few good marks on it. I hate when I drop any of my flashlights

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast

The first day I had my L0P on my keychain, I dropped the keychain on a terrazo (I don't know if this work exists in english - it's a hard university floor) floor from about 1 meter. A 2mm wide dent appeared on the bezel. :(

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am ashamed to admit that I have (so far) dropped my car keys with Fenix E1 attached three times in our parking lot here since I got it. Asphault once and concrete twice. It picked up a couple little dings from the concrete but is still bright and reliable as every.

Blazer

Enlightened

I've dropped my L0P several times, still works awesome, but starting to show some character marks.

On a related note, I dropped my Streamlight Poly-Stinger on the garage floor (concrete) and boom, bulb gone. (I know, I know why use a poly-stinger. Well, because it's a Poly-Stinger, that's why I was using it in the garage, wouldn't want to drop my Borealis on the concrete)

stockae92

Enlightened

i dropped my L2P on the tile floor from about 1m high (about half a door height)

put a slight dent on the bezel and still working like new

take that tile floor! :D

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it ever dies, just send it back to me and I'll take care of ya :)
Just please don't abuse it on purpose... say like putting it on rail road
tracks :D

citizenal

Newly Enlightened

4sevens said:
If it ever dies, just send it back to me and I'll take care of ya :)
Just please don't abuse it on purpose... say like putting it on rail road
tracks :D

Wow, that is real good to know. Looks like I need to order me a couple of these lights myself. :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

4sevens said:
...Just please don't abuse it on purpose... say like putting it on rail road tracks :D
If I lived in Eureka CA. at my long-deceased Aunt Clara's house, I'd have ready access to train tracks - even in my wheelchair. We used to place pennies on the track and wait until a train comes by...you can guess what the pennies looked like afterward. :)
No train tracks here though, so my shiny new E1 won't be flattened. :D

gnef

Enlightened

so does this go to say that the quality of the 'ha3' finish on the fenix's has improved since the L1P2.5 days? i bought one a while ago, and really have only left it in my pocket, and aparently, my clothing is pretty rough on the finish, and i remember many threads at that time regarding similar experiences.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Sometimes it's a relief to put the first few scratches on a torch, it means you can relax and start treating it a bit more normally! The only scratches I get upset about are on the lens.

vtt

Newly Enlightened
since my L0P is my edc i'm willing to accept the fact that it will get scratched.

my flashlight doesnt get scratched , its building charecter :)

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Dropped my TL-3 once (just a micro nick on the tail cap), while reaching for my Fox Five Point Three while being attacked by a bull dog.