Fenix P1, how well does it handle "dead" batteries

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I'm looking for a decent battery drainer for single 123 cells that my SureFire 6P with P61 has "finished" with, i know the Inova X5 Red is a good choice, but i'm looking for something a bit more compact....

the Fenix P1 looks to be ideal, but is it designed more for brightness and performance, or does it do a decent job sucking batteries dry?

i know i should just bite the bullet and get the X5 Red, but how does the P1 handle partially depleted cells?

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
MacTech said:
I'm looking for a decent battery drainer for single 123 cells that my SureFire 6P with P61 has "finished" with, i know the Inova X5 Red is a good choice, but i'm looking for something a bit more compact....

the Fenix P1 looks to be ideal, but is it designed more for brightness and performance, or does it do a decent job sucking batteries dry?

i know i should just bite the bullet and get the X5 Red, but how does the P1 handle partially depleted cells?

I think it handles partially drained 123 cells pretty well depending on how drained they are... I used my P1 to drain the three cr123a's that came out of my SL TL-3 (less than 20% on my ZTS mini-pulse meter).... I was able to get about 10 minutes of continous use from each before they started giving out.... albeit if I let the P1 sit a minute, it'll light up about 5 to 10 seconds and go dead again... if I twist on and off, the emitter will still light up momentarily, then go out... hope this had helped answer some of your questions... Oh yeah, the Fenix P1 on depleted cr123a is still brighter than Fenix L1P on a new cell for the short moments that it is on.

stockae92

Enlightened
i really like my X5T for sucking batteries dry

and i was looking a single cell CR123 flashlight with multiple 5mm LED for more (or the final) "sucking", but gave up later on cause seems like throwing away almost dead CR123 is cheaper :D

stockae92

Enlightened
MacTech said:
good point, tossing single cells that my Inova 24/7 is done with would be a lot cheaper than spending another $40ish on *another* flashlight....

i would think after the 24/7 is done with the battery, the battery should be pretty *dead* already

i can't imagine you can get much more out it