my new lights

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
Well, fellas, went shopping today. Bought two new lights, the Inova X5 and a Brinkmann Xenon rechargeable at my local Academy Sporting goods store.

I am really impressed with the Inoxa X5 so far. It has a huge corona and spill area, plus a well lit center. It isn't a super bright incandescent like I am seeking, but it is a small, tough, and bright light for it's power rank. Looking forward to trying it out tonight on the job.

Haven't tried out the rechargeable Brinkmann yet. It's got to charge first. Says on the package that it is brighter than a standard 3-d flashlight. It has a four-pack lithium rechargeable battery pack. I know it must be at least as bright as my other Brinkmann, which is quite remarkable. The package says it has only thirty five minutes of power with a full charge. That better be some bright flashlight for that short of battery life!!! It promises to be "the ultimate" in high beam intensity. We shall see. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Until now, I felt like some outcast weirdo with a flashlight hobby nobody seemed to share in. it is cool to find otherwise.

Rusty Joe.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I feel the same way. I thought a flashlight was a just a flashlight. One day I was reading another forum, it referenced this forum, and I could'nt believe the interest in flashlights. Since I've been a member, I read this forum constantly, and have spent a lot of money, and only see my shrink twice a week now. AIN'T IT GREAT!!!!!!!!

If you like the X5 with the white LED, try one with the red LED for night walks around the house and the UV for bug hunts. Also, the UV will show you stuff in your carpet you never knew where there ( assuming the room is pitch dark! ).

Welcome!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got an X5T (V.1) excellent little light...great when you don't need any throw but lots of clean white light.

Wouldn't mind a few 'T series' Inova's either, build quality is wonderful IMO.

CFU