Any ideas - on the Cabelas XPG 5 watt

Briggz

Newly Enlightened
on the quality of the Cabelas XPG 5 watt XPG LED lights?

They do use a Luxeon LED.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tremendo

Enlightened
Re: Any ideas

I hate threads like this. Why not put the name in question in the title???? (((Now you did... cool )))

Last edited:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened

Tremendo said:
I hate threads like this. Why not put the name in question in the title????
Agreed.
I've been looking at that light for a while and it looks like a pretty good quality light. Push once for low push again for high push again for off. I think it uses 3 123A's.

Briggz

Newly Enlightened

Tremendo said:
I hate threads like this. Why not put the name in question in the title????

rant.gif
mad.gif
rant.gif
lol

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use to own one and bought it cause of the name and retailer. Turns out you can buy this as a nuwaii brand model or for that matter one much better in the 5w catagory.

This light uses 3 cr123 batteries and comes with a belt pocket and strap. THe downside was that it puts out a square flood beam similar to that of a PC projector with a white screen setting with slight bluish tint. Low was less than 3 watts by guestimate and 5 or high was really bright.

I gave it to my brother with a box of batteries for a Christmas present as he used it and fell in love with it. I bought the 3 watt recharagable xpg and am in love with it.

Ive decided to not own a 5 watt light til they make some improvements.

Did I tell you the head of that light got too hot to handle after a few minutes, very warm in a few seconds on high. Plus many folks told me the led only lasted 500 hours or less depend on how well or poorly it was heat sinked.