Some UPS questions

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some questions about UPS, if you were to get 2nd Day Air will it be delivered on a Saturday? Whats the difference of Next Day Air and Next Day Air ealry AM? Thanks.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I am sure these questions are on UPS's web site.

But.

2 day will not deliver on Sat. If you need that, you need Sat delivery service (expensive).

Overnight is overnight, but delivered on regular truck.

Priority overnight a.k.a. early a.m. is guaranteed by 10 a.m. (usually)

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work for UPS, and these are fairly easy questions. Saturday delivery is possible, but at a higher cost, sometimes much much higher.

Again, the difference between early am and regular next day delivery (besides time of delivery) is cost, early am will cost more, since there is often a truck dispatched just for the early am deliveries.

You can get shipping quotes and delivery times for practically anything on the UPS website. You just have to know the shipping and receiving zip codes and approximate package size and weight. Keep in mind, even with "guaranteed" overnight delivery, you aren't 100% assured of recieving the package the next day. I see next day packages every night in my hub that didn't make service. You will get reimbursed for the shipping charges if the package doesn't make the scheduled delivery date, but if what you want is very critical, you're SOL. It is rare, but it does happen (some areas are worse than others)

-Keith

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The answers to each and every one of your questions, and more, is on the UPS web site.

Next Day AM is for next-day delivery by 8AM at the the destination (quite a feat if you send it off in the late afternoon from the West Coast to a destination on the East Coast.)

skalomax said:
I have some questions about UPS, if you were to get 2nd Day Air will it be delivered on a Saturday? Whats the difference of Next Day Air and Next Day Air ealry AM? Thanks.

EVAN_TAD

Newly Enlightened
The only way to get Saturday delivery is to have it sent on a Friday using ! day air with the Saturday delivery option.

2 day air and 3 day have a more successfull record on time delivery than 1 day in my experience.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Don't you mean 10 a.m. or thereabouts?

Brighteyez said:
The answers to each and every one of your questions, and more, is on the UPS web site.

Next Day AM is for next-day delivery by 8AM at the the destination (quite a feat if you send it off in the late afternoon from the West Coast to a destination on the East Coast.)

turbodog

Flashaholic
Also, just FYI...

I have a customer that regularly uses a company called sonicair. It's a subsidiary of UPS.

They will ship anything, anywhere, anytime. You can get 2 a.m. delivery if you want. Sunday? No problem. Need it from Louisiana to Russia by this afternoon? No problem.

From what I hear and have read on their web site, they have a network of people who are paged/beeped/called immediately (as soon as your credit card authorizes!). These guys drive straight to your place and get the package.

Meanwhile, a computer has checked flights in the area and picked the most efficient plane. The driver takes the item straight to the plane.

At the other end, there is another driver waiting for the plane before it arrives. Then they take the package to the next stop, which is usually your front door.

Sweet!

Expensive!

I also had a neighbor that worked for a competing outfit that specialized in this same thing, but in weights that were too large for sonicair. He ALWAYS had a peger on him. He would hang out around the house for days on end, and then ZOOM. He'd get beeped and be out the door within 5 minutes. Made a crapload of money.