Got home from work to be surprised by four Kromas that were not scheduled
to be delivered until Wednesday
buttrock.gif

I opened and inspected three of the four units and am very very impressed at
what I'm seeing. Three are boxed up for fellow CPF members and mine sits on
the table waiting for darkness to fall.

Here are some initial thoughts after looking them over and lighting up the
basement walls. Look for a few pics and more thoughts later tonight when it
gets dark outside. I live on 50 wooded acres and it gets black around here.

- The selector rings on all three rotate very smoothly.
- The low white beam throws nice light and is not to bright.
- High white beam is very impressive! (more on this outside after dark)
- Red and blue LED's (both high and low) are very clean and smooth. Nothing
like the beamshots shown in Radar Greg's thread of the Mil-Specs.
- Bezel/body/tailcap color match is perfect.
- The TIR optic/lens is clean w/o mold artifacts.

VERY EXCITED to say the least! Like others I've been waiting what seems like
forever! Now if I can figure out how to put pics in a report later tonight.

Until then...

Last edited:

Flashdark

Enlightened
Re: K2 Kromas have finally arrived...oh boy!

Great news Seery!!!!!

I have one K2 and one K2-MS on order and my distributor thought it would be Aug 8-11, so I am anxiously awaiting word. I came to the same conclusion about the K2-MS but that may be premature until I have them in hand. Can't wait!

How did your L1s work out for you? I noticed that you turned the L1-GR around and put it up for sale.

Just picked up one of Milkyspit's ML-1s. WOW!!

Flashdark.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kromas have been shipped and tracking # is in hand or I would have wondered myself :)

PoliceScannerMan said:
Wow! This is nice vapor, I hope they really deliver!

The KROMA should be a really nice light!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

seery said:
Kromas have been shipped and tracking # is in hand or I would have wondered myself :)
Wow! damn dude, I didnt think these would be here till '07!

May I ask where you bought these from? Its cool though if ya want to not disclose that information too though. :goodjob:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was surprised also, thought it was an email regarding a few L2's on order...
and then bam!

Prefer not revealing my rep. Can say though I've done over $11,000 in
business with him in less than two years and we have established a great
relationship.

Now if those damn UPS trucks would get going. Should have paid for express
delivery. Waiting for a ground shipment is torture.

PoliceScannerMan said:
Wow! damn dude, I didnt think these would be here till '07!

May I ask where you bought these from? Its cool though if ya want to not disclose that information too though.
goodjob.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

tacticalsupply.com just posted - part of his initial order is also "en route". Good stuff.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flashdark - Great news on yours also. Congrats!

I love the L1's. I kept two whites, one green and one red. Sold the other green
and red to fund other lights.

Have you posted any thoughts/reviews on Spit's L1? It's got to be a beauty
smile.gif

Flashdark said:
Great news Seery!!!!!

I have one K2 and one K2-MS on order and my distributor thought it would be Aug 8-11, so I am anxiously awaiting word. I came to the same conclusion about the K2-MS but that may be premature until I have them in hand. Can't wait!

How did your L1s work out for you? I noticed that you turned the L1-GR around and put it up for sale.

Just picked up one of Milkyspit's ML-1s. WOW!!

Flashdark.

Flashdark

Enlightened

Seery,
Not yet. It will take at least a month to do all of the tests. I just received it Tuesday. Preliminary results indicate that it just blows away the competition in power output, flood, and practicality. Comes up a little shorter in runtime but this was to be expected with the increase in power output. Also, a little shorter in throw due to a requested compromise for flood output, but not to any degree that concerns me. I plan to do a review of all three, the L1(old), L1(new), and ML-1, with side-by-side comparison.

Right now Milkyspit is building a pair of genuine, "OH-MY-GOD", nuclear-powered, pocket rockets for me on an E1e/Z57 platform, with about an 80-lumen output, that will out-throw the L1 (new) and equal the L4 in flood, so I have been a little distracted. After that, we are talking about a pair of 500-lumen, LED heads for my M3s. Then, another ML-1. And so it goes.

I'll tell you honestly Seery that I am just about through buying flashlights, in an attempt to find what I want. There are just too many pros out there that can build exactly what you want from scratch, with Surefire-build-quality, and that is what I am going to do from now on. In the long run, it is far cheaper and much faster.

Can't wait for the Kromas to arrive! It looks like we are going to be some of the first.

Flashdark sends.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can't wait, should be good stuff. Looks like I need to check out more of
Milky's work, the E1e/Rocket idea has me drooling.

It sure seems like we may be at the very front of the wave for the Kromas.
The (4) my dealer has shipped me, were the only ones he received, and
SF was unable to tell him when he may see more
rant.gif

WOW is this getting exciting!!!!

Flashdark said:
Seery,
Not yet. It will take at least a month to do all of the tests...I plan to do a review of all three, the L1(old), L1(new), and ML-1, with side-by-side comparison.

Right now Milkyspit is building a pair of genuine, "OH-MY-GOD", nuclear-powered, pocket rockets for me on an E1e/Z57 platform...

I'll tell you honestly Seery that I am just about through buying flashlights, in an attempt to find what I want. There are just too many pros out there that can build exactly what you want from scratch, with Surefire-build-quality, and that is what I am going to do from now on. In the long run, it is far cheaper and much faster.

Can't wait for the Kromas to arrive! It looks like we are going to be some of the first.

Flashdark sends.

Mad1

Enlightened

This is kinda bad news for me because right now I have an M3T in my shopping basket at Lighthound.com and I promised myself that it would be my next light.

But I also really want a Kroma. :huh:

Decisions decisions... :(

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

All three extra Kromas are
sold.gif

Now all four of us won't be sleeping much until they arrive
awman.gif

Life is cool. One UPS truck makes four guys very happy!

seery said:
Ordered a few extras just in case a few fellow CPF
folks needed one, I could pass along the happiness
smile.gif

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

The M3T is one bad mamma jammer! Keep it in the cart and add a Kroma as soon as you can!

Mad1 said:
This is kinda bad news for me because right now I have an M3T in my shopping basket at Lighthound.com and I promised myself that it would be my next light.

But I also really want a Kroma.
huh.gif

Decisions decisions...
frown.gif

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still not sleeping! It is 1:53 AM where I am. I have been waiting for this light for a while and it should be here in time for hiking at the beginning of September.

It is getting to the point now that I will have too many good candidates for hiking and my pack will get too heavy.

Thanks to Seery for getting this done!

I was happy to see the beam shots posted by Radar Greg as the seem to indicated that the beam is nicely shaped and it HAS a corona.

-Goatee

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the M3T and also the head to make it a standard M3. I love this light but it sits on my shelf because I use the LED lights with rechargeable batteries so much more.

-Goatee

Supernam

Enlightened

Funny that the Kromas are shipping. I actually called the Surefire phone number and asked them about when they'll be shipped to dealers and the man said around Christmas. Well... I guess it's Christmas in August! I wish there was a storefront at their factory, as I live 7 miles from them.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Normal" SF dealers may see them around Christmas. My SF rep is one of
SF's top dealers and I'm sure SF takes this into consideration when they
determine how the initial quantities will be distributed. High volume dealers
will see them long before the small dealers.

Tuesday...Tuesday...Tuesday...Anybody have a time machine handy :)

Supernam said:
Funny that the Kromas are shipping. I actually called the Surefire phone number and asked them about when they'll be shipped to dealers and the man said around Christmas. Well... I guess it's Christmas in August! I wish there was a storefront at their factory, as I live 7 miles from them.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (4) Kromas delivered to my house today! *UPDATE*

Kromas have been delivered. First post updated.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (4) Kromas delivered to my house today! *UPDATE*

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I'm not that excited... whatever, I can't wait. I felt this way before my McLux PD came.

Seery, you are quite a guy... I just hope you don't look like your avatar!

If you can ship next day, I will gladly pay the extra funds!

-Goatee