Another use for Paracord...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I couldn't figure out which room to post this in...

I wear ankle length boots by Thom McAnn (sp) that I get a K-Mart (Damn! They are going out of business - at least around here).

My original laces on an oldr pair (these things wear like iron!) rotted out. So I cut some appropriate paracord lenths and tried them out today.

They have stayed tied just as tight as I started out. And look good to boot!

Try it!

TOB9595

Enlightened
I too am a big fan of para cord.
I saw on CPF lanyarding using electrical shrink tube. Works great for my E2 KL1. Why I never thought of shrink tube is beyond me, oh well!. I like the mil cord with the strands you can use for more knots, etc.
I'm practicing my knot tying techniques with paracord.
Wonderful stuff.
Playboy, you better stock up on the boots with kmart closing your local store.
Tom`

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I was all set to grab another pair at a K-Mart today... until I got to the front. There were around 6 lanes open, and at least 6 shopping carts lined up for each register!

I'll go to my 'local' store during the week and get a couple more pair.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Playboy or others, How do you know which Para cord to get that has the useable strands in it. I found out that you can't assume military parachute cord will have the strands in it. I just bought some 750 military cargo para cord and it didn't have a core at all. flat braid. nice stuff that I'll use for practice of knot tying and lanyards.
I've read mil spec c-5040 and still don't understand.
Tom

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeSchmoe-

I had been wondering about Thom McAnns at K-Mart. Any particular style you like? I figured out that Sears never has the premium Wolverines available even though they advertise them. Cats are pretty good. I like Georgio Brutinies, but I was looking for a deal.

Echo on TOB9595's question.