Mag 4D at Fry's for $4.90

Rando

Enlightened
The package was still marked with original price, but shelf tag says $4.90 and register rings $4.90. I took home the last one I saw in the Indy store (sorry). It was red, don't know if any other colors were on sale.

Now, what the heck am I going to do with this? You don't really expect me to just use it with 4 D cells, do you? I should be able to stuff 12 AAs in easily. Suggestions on bulb/led and battery combinations welcome! I want to crank as many photons as possible out of this sucker.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
While they're still around, it's no longer a commonly found item. If you find one, fine, but they're not at all Fry's stores.

Sure you can stuff 12AAs in there, you'll just need a PR bulb that can handle that kind of voltage. Would seem to be a waste of batteries to use LEDs at that level since they don't require that much voltage to run them. On the other hand, you could drop a 4 cell Mag LED module in it ($15.97 at Home Depot)

Rando said:
The package was still marked with original price, but shelf tag says $4.90 and register rings $4.90. I took home the last one I saw in the Indy store (sorry). It was red, don't know if any other colors were on sale.

Now, what the heck am I going to do with this? You don't really expect me to just use it with 4 D cells, do you? I should be able to stuff 12 AAs in easily. Suggestions on bulb/led and battery combinations welcome! I want to crank as many photons as possible out of this sucker.

Rando

Enlightened
I already have a 2D ROP, I was hoping to be able to use the extra space in the tube to mod it to crank out a lot more lumens.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
do 100w mod or something :D 3000+ lumens... start newspaper on fire! :mad: