Fenix P1 diffused

x2x3x2

Banned
Has anyone tried to sand the lense or reflector of the P1 to get a diffused beam? If yes please post some beamshots :)

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why sand the lens and ruin it for good (not reversable either)?

I found a spring water nylon bottle's cap that not only fit perfect but works great too. In and out less in than 1 second and I left it on for a few minutes, just warm to the touch. You may want to punch a small hole in the middle for dual purpose! :rock:

See pics below:

PICT4095.jpg

Stock:

PICT4100.jpg

Now with the free diffuser:
PICT4101F.jpg

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, don't know I found the cap at the tennis court. I didn't even pay for the water!:rock:
Phaserburn said:
Nice. Which brand of spring water did that cap come from?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried a poland spring cap, works good and holds on by itself to a Fenix l2p and fits on QIII.Very little light loss too!:)

phatalbert

Enlightened
Nestle Purelife (cheapest brand at wal-mart) works perfect!

take a dremel to one of these and you'd have a neat little diffuser :naughty:

monobeg

Newly Enlightened
I expect materials not designed for transmitting light (light a drink bottle lid) may absorb more of it than needed.

Apparently PDA screen protectors - the 'anti-reflective' type - work well as diffusers.

Makes sense: they're designed to let as much light as possible through from the screen while scattering light to diffuse the reflections.

Maybe pick one up at an office store for a few $. If you get a sticky one and cut it to size, I expect it would work very well, but haven't tried.