Modding a 0.7mm pencil to 0.5mm?

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have any ideas on how to modify a pencil that takes 0.7mm lead to take 0.5mm lead? I have a Fisher Q-4 multi-function pen that I love, but I want 0.5mm not 0.7mm. Any ideas?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take it apart until the actual pencil module is revealed. Post some pics of it, and I'll try to help more.

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
I wud recommend not messing with the module. Its actually better to have a 0.7mm lead system as the pen wud be much used and subject to shock that wud break the thinner leads. It dosnt feel as bad as it seems now as you'll get use to the feel of the thicker lead.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
Module in pen:
_MG_0001_resize.JPG

Module itself:
_MG_0003_resize.JPG

I've tried finding a .5mm module that will fit. (I've bought every cheap multi-pen I can find). I also tryed changeing the tip, can't find a .5mm that will fit.

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
If the mod becomes a non-reverseable one, I'll just deal with the .7mm.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fisher pen that takes .5mm lead, and two ink colors, it's called a Multi3Action...maybe it's module would fit your multi-stylus Fisher pen..?

SRacer2000

Newly Enlightened
That's the pen I was trying to find, I think? Nobody has them anymore.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://thewritersedge.com/visit.cfm?a=twe.tripleaction

Triple Action Pens
As popular and functional as Triple Action Pens are today, NONE are as well made as these. All metal inserts - no plastic. The retract mechanisms are the same ones used on Triple Action Pens twice the cost (Rotring/Lamy). Rubberized finger grip for solid point control. Removing the back plunger cap reveals the eraser for the .5mm pencil. High tensile strength clip. Tube Packed. Black, Red ink and .5mm Pencil.

The Triple Action Pen is refillable with the Universal Fisher Space Pen refill. Writes at any angle and in extreme cold.

(TTL, not a wise-***, only :) )

Last edited: