I got my SureFire PKEF too!!!

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys!!!

Kinda late to the PKEF party, but better late than never, huh?
Just got my Version B (Blue,White,Red) PKEF in the mail. I love this light. It is sweeeeeeeet..... and bright! :rock:

I put in 2 x RCR123's in there (had to close my eyes and pray) and it works like a charm.....perfect regulation. But I'm going to stick with protected 17670's (with a minor adjustment to the spring). Expensive, but it is definately a keeper!

Take a look:

pkefwithsurefiresqb1.jpg

More closeup:
pkefcloseup1rg3.jpg

pkefcloseup2of5.jpg

And here's a pic of the PKEF with some other lights that are more common so that you can get an idea of the size of this light.

supergroup1jd3.jpg

:thumbsup: WP

Last edited:

BBL

Enlightened
Arent two RCR123 8.4V, which is well above the Vf of a luxeon V?

I call that overdriving an expensive, rare flashlight...

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
BBL said:
Arent two RCR123 8.4V, which is well above the Vf of a luxeon V?

I call that overdriving an expensive, rare flashlight...

It didn't seem like overdriving. The output was exactly the same as 2xCR123a's....and also 1x17670. But I'm sticking with the 17670, because a single cell is safer than 2 cells, IMHO.

Doug

Enlightened
Care to tell us what all the items are, I recognize some, but not all ... like, what is that thing that looks like a mid-evil weapon at the bottom of the 1st pic? And I recognize the Raw and the M6 in the 3rd pic... not sure about the rest...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Great pics as usual ... :thumbsup: ... but all those strange lights make it difficult to look at the great hat ... :nana:
bk

cm048

Newly Enlightened
Do you mind to put some words about throw comparison between PKEF & U2 / L6 ?

Thanks

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
cm048 said:
Do you mind to put some words about throw comparison between PKEF & U2 / L6 ?

Thanks

I'll see if I can get around to do a beamshot comparison...

My first impression is that the PKEF outthrows my U2. You should keep in mind that my U2 is quite a performer (the output is comparable to the X-bin lights that I had the pleasure to own and use).

This is a very unique light and a blast to use. I love the red and blue LEDs....

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off topic, but what was your light setup for the photos? Were you using strobes?

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
ResQTech said:
Off topic, but what was your light setup for the photos? Were you using strobes?

:sssh:

okok....I used a single flash gun..... a Nikon SB800 Speedlight......the best flashgun ever invented by Mankind....

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to get "studio-like" pictures using a single flash gun..... it's all in the technique.... :sssh:

WP

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bajeezers!!...that's a COLLECTION!!!!! I'm in aww *drooooooooooool*

seattlite

Enlightened
WAVE_PARTICLE said:
I'll see if I can get around to do a beamshot comparison...

My first impression is that the PKEF outthrows my U2. You should keep in mind that my U2 is quite a performer (the output is comparable to the X-bin lights that I had the pleasure to own and use).

This is a very unique light and a blast to use. I love the red and blue LEDs....

So how does the Total Light Output of your PKEF3B-5K and U2 comapre with you HD45 XX1T?