Triple Luxeon Star Bike Light 12V

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the finished product, a 12 volt triple 1 watt Luxeon Star bike light. It also glows in the dark when power is off.

The glow is strong enough in the first 20 minutes to see or be seen.

The bracket is designed to allow vertical and horizontal adjustment.

Very bright!

Triplestar.Bike.Light.1.jpg

Triplestar.Bike.Light.2.jpg

Triplestar.Bike.Light.3.jpg

Triplestar.Bike.Light.4.jpg

Wayne J.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks Kewl! 1 watters... how much current is running through em? What power source are you using?

Someone did mention that a properly dispersed 2.4 watt halogen bike light is better than 15 watt halogen spot light.

Therefore I believe if you have the 3 emitters layed out in a line, it might illuminate better. But of course that would leave the head option out.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Nerd:
Looks Kewl! 1 watters... how much current is running through em? What power source are you using?

Someone did mention that a properly dispersed 2.4 watt halogen bike light is better than 15 watt halogen spot light.

Therefore I believe if you have the 3 emitters layed out in a line, it might illuminate better. But of course that would leave the head option out.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's three 1 watt LS's in series. Will use any 12 volt source. Draws about 1.2 amps at 12 volts from my 10 amp power source. Under load with 8 AA batteries it drops to 10 volts. Needs a good power source that can handle the amperage.

I had a post earlier about it, but I just finished it, and wanted to post the photos.

That is a StarLux flashlight head and tail cap. I cut off the end of the flashlight and epoxied it into the light. So the tail cap will screw on and off, if ever it is needed to go inside the light.

Wayne J.