Life's small annoyances

carrot

Flashaholic
Ohh, how about the "I'm annoyed" sound people make by sucking their teeth, or as the Spanish say, freir un huevo.

Chris201W

Enlightened
Bad/too loud flute playing. It's always bothered me more than the same type of playing on other instruments.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about like, when, like, um, people, like, uh, can't complete a sentence, um, or, like, uh, wait! wait!, or, uh, hold onto, like, a train of thought for, um, like, more than, uh, like, a few seconds...huh?

Child proof medicine bottles that are the only choice available (Fort Knox ought to be that secure).

The sound of high heels on a marble floor, especially spikes. No, wait a minute... that's usually really interesting for some very nice reasons!

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cars you can hear coming for 2 blocks:

chicka-boom...chicka-boom...chicka boom boom boom

This years stock tip:

Miracle ear and Beltone.....lots of future customers

jtr1962

Flashaholic
1) People talking on cell phones in stores or on public transportation. In fact, cell phones in general annoy me. What exactly did people do before they existed?

2) The sound of airplanes taking off or landing.

3) Car alarms, car horns.

4) Noise from internal combustion engines. Car engines are annoying but the worst are those gas-powered blowers used by gardening services.

5) Smelly air.

6) Noisy air conditioners.

7) Poor spelling and grammer.

8) Newscasters pronoucing the word sheik like "shake" and harassment like "har-***-ment". Also, all female newscasters sounding exactly alike (is there perhaps one person who does the voice for all of them?).

9) Women wearing high heels and carrying purses. The first just makes them look stupid tiptoeing around. As for the second I tend to think pockets would make more sense. Carrying so much stuff that you need a handbag is a sign of serious insecurity. Ditto for men who always walk around with knapsacks. I'm not referring in either case to people on trips of course, just to people who need to carry everything including the kitchen sink while going to work or going to the corner store.

10) Compulsive people who have to buy everything in a series, even if they hate it, just to complete a collection.

11) Today's driving habits. Basically drivers today do more stupid, impulsive, immature, dangerous things than at any time previously.

12) Paper. It's a necessary evil for now, but with computers we're able to effortlessly generate mounds of unnecessary paper. Let's hope one day these same computers easily enable us to move to a paperless society.

13) Pennies. They're just a nuisance these days. Round prices up to the nearest nickel or dime instead, and stop the idiotic pricing ending in 9s. Nobody is fooled by this any more.

14) Rubbernecking. It's one thing for an accident to delay traffic. Quite another when a delay is simply caused by fools gawking at an accident in the opposite direction. It's long past time we built tall barriers between opposing directions of traffic so as to end this obnoxious habit.

15) People dropping litter on the front lawns of private homes (this is getting to be a big problem lately)

16) The packs of flyers thrown all over the place. While technically not litter, they have the same effect on your property. At least put the damned things in my mailbox instead!

I could probably think of 100 more but my hands are starting to hurt.

Last edited:

xdanx

Enlightened
I cringe with frustration when people chew loud. It is the single most irritating thing to me. People who wear too much cologne/perfume also annoy me.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
That noise when people suck in air between their teeth through their lips...drives me up a wall and I'm not really sure why.

JM-99

You mean like a little whistle?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I get annoyed when the loo paper is the wrong way round. It should ALWAYS 'hang forward' so it unrolls over the top of itself away from the wall. NEVER unroll down between the roll and the wall.

I have no idea why this bothers me. I find myself swapping round rolls if they are not the right way.

I've never met anybody who prefers them the wrong way round, just people who don't care either way.

Illum

Flashaholic
When phones are silent and begin ringing the moment dinner hour comes...
either telemarketers or people that just hang up....:rant:

The humming of speakers's transformers when the florescent table lamp is turned on...i dunno why, but it humms quite loudly whenever a flirscent light near it is on, no matter of its the room light or the table light...:mad: