LED for Surefire 6P

x2x3x2

Banned
Where can i get some good LED conversion or drop-ins for the 6P body?
Anyway to get the KL series of heads to fit on a 6P?

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Virgo

Newly Enlightened

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
I have both the G&P 3W unit and the KL-3. Differences:

G&P: Floodier & generally more output. Bluer tint than KL-3 (my units, anyway). Smaller form factor as it fits within the stock 6P bezel.

KL-3: Less spill and way greater throw. Tight beam due to optics. Better tint. However, it makes for a bigger light. You gain about 5/8" in overall length, 1/4" greater diameter around the bezel.

I've got them side by side, and the difference is noticeable. I'm too jetlagged right now to take pictures, but may do so later. Both run well on RCR123 since they can take 2-3 CR123s. I'd guess the G&P gets about an hour on RCRs while I know the KL-3 gets 2 hours.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also note that the KL3 offers you full regulation: constant max output for the life of the batteries then drops off pretty suddenly...

Whereas the G&P is semi-regulated: constantly dimming until the cells run dry...

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Fusion_m8 said:
Also note that the KL3 offers you full regulation: constant max output for the life of the batteries then drops off pretty suddenly...

Whereas the G&P is semi-regulated: constantly dimming until the cells run dry...
Good point, had forgotten about that since I use the KL-3 much more than the G&P. Can't get over the tint on mine...:(

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Another plus for KL3 is you can add a Surefire A19 extension tube to 6P for longer runtime. The KL3 is regulated for 6-9 volts.

Bill

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the KL3 provide enough throw and output for a weapon light on a shotgun? It should be rugged enough and more reliable in this use than the P60/P61.

Mark

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Throw and output would be fine using it on a shotgun. All of the output is in that fairly tight beam.

Bill