• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB : Tritium vial for a Ti-PD

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I would like to install a new tritium vial in a Ti-PD piston (I have already safely removed the original one).

I mesured 1,5x5mm from the one I took off, but the slot can take 6mm I believe.

I am looking for blue or violet or pink color. Anyway, if you have another color to offer beside green, I will seriously consider it!

I would like a reasonably bright vial, of course stronger brightness is welcome. I will not buy the weakest vial you have left if you have ran a looking-for-the-brightest selection.

Thanks!!

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you!

I'll keep an eye on this thread, in the mean time I may work something out with 4sevens.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi tino!

I have a few that will fit:

Blue
Dark Blue
Orange
Yellow
Red (on its way to me now)

Let me know if any of these colors interest you. If you don't mind me asking, how did you remove your tritium from your PD?

EDIT: These vials are the brightest I have ever seen (save for the red ones, which I haven't received yet). Check these out (the loose ones and the ones on the SPY):

trits6qu.jpg

WP

tino_ale said:
Hi guys,

I would like to install a new tritium vial in a Ti-PD piston (I have already safely removed the original one).

I mesured 1,5x5mm from the one I took off, but the slot can take 6mm I believe.

I am looking for blue or violet or pink color. Anyway, if you have another color to offer beside green, I will seriously consider it!

I would like a reasonably bright vial, of course stronger brightness is welcome. I will not buy the weakest vial you have left if you have ran a looking-for-the-brightest selection.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tino,

1.55 x 7mm will fit, that is what I put in one of my Ti-PD's. Only had one vial though.
Ti-PDvials001.jpg

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for you help,

nystrpr advised me to contact 4sevens (fenix store), so I sent a PM to him. I have no reply yet, so I am going to wait a while. WP thank you, I will be interrested if we don't work something out with 4sevens... Nice vials BTW!!

He also asked me how I removed it, here is my explanation:
"To remove the vial from the Ti piston, I put the piston in a freezer (-18°C), wait several minutes, then put it straight into boiling water. Wait several minutes and repeat the cycle.

I did only 2 or 3 cycles, then after boiling water with the piston still hot, I realized that the epoxy had become soft. So I took a cuter blade and gently remove it starting from an extremity. I came easily in one piece! BTW the tritium vial is safe and ready to serve again."

Here is where I found this method.

Wow, Morelite 7mm is REALLY the maximum! But I think I will stick with 5 or 6mm long, as I like the small extra space. I just like the look.

Thanks!