Nextorch D6 Clickie TailCap for Surefire G2

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious also. I'd also like to know if it's a standard clicky or a reverse clicky?

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost ordered one, but found the shipping and handling charges to be cost prohibitive. Maybe someone could organize a group buy, and get a couple dozen of them into the States. I've got to believe you could ship these things within the lower 48 for less than a buck, USPS First Class.

I've got the NexTorch RT3, but it's tail cap definitely does NOT fit on my Surefire U2. However, I think the NexTorch RT body is quite a bit larger in diameter than the regular T series lights. It was designed to accomodate a protected 18650 li-ion cell, which I believe is too big for the standard T bodies.

Mad1

Enlightened
It also looks like it mite allow it to tail stand too.

I'm going to order one.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's anything like the RT3 tailcap, it tailstands perfectly. It has a little hole drilled in it for a lanyard. It is a reverse clicky.

Overall, a nice tailcap.

dmz

Enlightened
Can the clickie switch in the Nextorch D6 Clickie TailCap be removed and inserted in the Surefire G2 nitrolon tailcap?

harddrive

Enlightened
Can some one who owns a Nextorch D6 Tailcap tell me if it has a hole to attach a lanyard and if there is any form of lockout when used on SF flashlights? Thanks

P.S. This is my first post on CPF. Just came accross it last night and as a result stayed up half the night on the computer. Great forum, but I fear my flashlight collection will grow real quick as a result of surfing this site!!!!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the D6 on my SF Z2. It will fit any C/Z/P-series light. It does have a hole for a lanyard. Lockout...don't think so. But it's a reverse clicky that's fairly stiff and the clicky is recessed to allow for tailstanding, so it's pretty hard to accidentally turn on the light. The D6 tailcap overall has a pretty hefty and solid feel to it...a very good buy I think for the price.

harddrive

Enlightened
Rightio. My D6 tailcaps have arrived. To compensate for shipping cost I bought three. Cost $16 USD shipped to australia from Emillions workbench. Thew whole process was apretty slow due to them moving office and my order being "pending" for a few weeks.

Overall they seem very good. Quality is fine and function as they are designed. They are my first reverse clickie and I don't really like it to be honest. I may get used to it in time. They are no where near as nice to use as my SF clickies but they only cost 1/10 of the price. Heres a coulple of shots to how the finsh on a SF 6P and G2:

P1000599.jpg

P1000601.jpg

P1000600.jpg

P1000603.jpg

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to order another one or two from Emilion also (can't find another vendor), but his site's been unloadable for me. I don't prefer reverse clickies either, but since I don't like to use my incans for momentary, I don't mind the reverse as much since it somewhat forces me to leave it on a bit longer and allow the lamp to get up to temp. It matches a black G2 quite well in color.

Bryan

Enlightened
actually, just saw a post and think I will wait for the emilion site to come back.

"Maintain and relocation of server.
Hopefully our sever will be up , with more bandwidth on 14/JAN/2007.

Emil"

harddrive

Enlightened
No worries Bryan. For the money they are good. The reverse clickie is hard to get used to but not bad. I have noticed a couple of things. The D6 adds about 10mm (about 1/2 inch) to the length of the G2. Also due to the stiff switch and the fact that the switch is recessed it is quite difficult to operate with the thumb when holding the light in an ice pick style. I hope that made some sence??

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bryan - I've seen that site also, but when I tried calling them, the number doesn't work and there's no other method of contact, so I'd rather stay clear. What post did you find about them?

harddrive - I can actually activate the switch fine in ice-pick grip. I have 2 fingers in front of the rubber ring (Z2) and 2 behind and reach the switch fine. Because the D6 tailcap extends the light a bit, I can also put 1 finger in front of the rubber ring and 3 behind, but I prefer the 2 and 2 as it's more comfortable for me.

Bryan

Enlightened
harddrive, I did noticed that it appears to add a little length to the light, but for the price of these caps I think I can let it slide! Thanks again for the pics and detailed description.

jsr, yeah I just realized how expensive the shipping and cost of the switch was compared to the emil site, so I am going to wait. I found the emil post here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148311

harddrive

Enlightened
I hope my comments didn't sound too critical of this product. For the money it is great and I would happily recommend them.

I got mine from Emil. I think it is just bad timing at the moment with xmas/new year and the fact they have moved office and getting a new server or something. Mine order sat there for a couple of weeks with no communication. One day I Emailed Emil telling nim I was getting a bit nervous I had done my money becuase I had heared nothing for weeks. He replyed, appologised and explained their sirution and told me he would post that day. About 4 days later my order arrived. I would buy from him again.