Inova T3.....need advice

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a flashlight to keep in my truck that is compact and bright.
Came across the Inova T3. Is this a good choice? Thanks in advance

Delvance

Enlightened
Compact and bright - tick.
Sidespill - ... afraid not :(

Inova are great lights, just beware there is very little sidespill from the light so that may be a severe setback depending on how you like to have the light dispersed and/or depending on the task at hand.

GregWormald

Enlightened
There are also Inova's with different beam patterns. The X5 is a flood of light, long-running, and the new X0 seems like a pretty good general purpose beam--hot centre with good side spill.
Greg

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I concur with Delvance. I have the T3 ( as well as the T5, T2, T1 ) and they have good spot but little side spill (what they do have is very dull ). I also agree that the lumen specs might be a little inflated. However, the T3 is a good bang for the buck.

For around the same money you might want to check out this light. I don't have this particular Nuwai, but I have the Q3, and they are great lights for the money.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm301x5.htm

Last edited:

lightrod

Enlightened
Here's a couple plots that show my TO3 beam profile compared to several other lights. The TO3 is I believe very similar to the T3, and is actually the light I carry in my glove compartment because for emergencies I want good throw and good runtime. It's also my largest LED light - all others are single cell and pocket/EDC type lights.

These plots show the excellent throw of the light (high lux reading at zero degrees; also note about 80% of it's lumen ouput is contained in the first 8 degrees or so of the beam). But there's a price - by far the least spill of all my lights, and not for me a good general purpose light.