Just got my new light!!!!

pilotmx5

Newly Enlightened
It just arrived!!!! After two weeks of agonizing waiting, my precious new Orb Raw Ns (blue trit) arrived 30 minutes ago. Seems extremly well made, impressivly bright (so far in the day time), tiny as #@$* and just plain cool. I love an LED with a tight beam, and so far this one appears much tighter than my L2, which is just a hair floody for my taste. I can't wait for nightfall and for anyone that doesn't own one of these, call Scott at seriouslights.com, order one, wait for two weeks and then go around and wow the non-flashaholics..... I can't wait to do that tonight.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightfreak said:
Did I read the specs right? 15 minute runtime on high setting?

you read right.... i would look into high capacity rcr2 batts if you want better runtime

-David

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many high power mini lights only run for short times on high, look at hds, I believe 20 min on max,but low will run all night!The beauty of multi output lights,match the brightness to the job and extend runtimes.

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Congratulations on your Orb Raw NS. A beautiful light!

On the runtime... assuming you have a dual stage Raw

I took my Orb Raw for a walk last night. In total I used it for about 30 minutes. I found the low to be bright enough with some time on high (several times on high up to 30 seconds at a time) just to survey the area ahead of me.

It was plenty bright and for this task with plenty of runtime and still more time would be available.

I use my HDS in a similar fashion. I generally use a lower than high setting with the high setting used for brief periods of time.

If I needed to rely on the maximum brightness for longer periods I'd need to bring extra batteries or look for a different light.:grin2: