Any comments on the Glo-Toob Flash Led TailCap for D Mags?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Flash Caps are self-contained units that either flash or glow steadily. They can be placed on the end of a flashlight or used separately. There was a company called Badgelight that marketed a flashing type device that was to be used on SL20 and Mag Charger police flashlights as a means of identifying 'friendlies'. I don't think it sold very well, but Fox Intl. still has it on clearance. They too were similarly priced, perhaps this is a mee-too item and they figured they might be able to get more if it did operate off the flashlight's battery?

It's a great way to keep track of your flashlight if you're prone to losing it. And it's a good means of people being able to find you in the event that you get separated from the rest of your group. I think that only you can determine whether it is of adequate value to purchase for your own use though.

Phaserburn said:
http://www.lighthound.com/sales/glo-toob_flashlights.htm

These look cool, but they seem expensive for what they are. Anyone have one and have some comments or discussion?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
The badgelights were terrible, that's why they went out of business. The strobe tubes would burn out, the "power bar" that used the D batteries for power would short out the cells or dim the main incan. bulb. The idea was great but the set-up was terrible. This set-up using LEDs & seperate batteries seems like a winner. I think badgelight was introduced ~1996 so i guess the patent ran out & Glo Toob is stepping in with a much improved design. I think i'll try one soon.