It does my head in.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love SCI-FI, but every program I see has aliens that look identical to humans and just happens to be set on earth in current times.:mad:

It is such a cop out.

I am sick of looking at human looking aliens, looking for a flaw in their disguise and then I think doe, it`s film, or tv program, and their is no way I going to be able to tell the difference.

unless they have a finger sticking out like in the invaders.

this is just my personal little rant.

aah, I feel better now.

regards.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
The reason is mainly because of the budget. I'm sure they would love to have all sorts of exotic aliens as in Star Wars but the budget forces them to use actors in a costume. Still, it annoys me too. The chances of most of the species we meet being bipeds with two arms and a head is pretty remote. CGI can generate more exotic aliens, but it still has it's limitations. Of course, when it gets good enough that you can't tell what's CGI and what's real then you won't need actors at all. ;)

MSI

Enlightened
jtr1962 said:
The reason is mainly because of the budget. I'm sure they would love to have all sorts of exotic aliens as in Star Wars but the budget forces them to use actors in a costume. Still, it annoys me too. The chances of most of the species we meet being bipeds with two arms and a head is pretty remote. CGI can generate more exotic aliens, but it still has it's limitations. Of course, when it gets good enough that you can't tell what's CGI and what's real then you won't need actors at all. ;)

Yes, Final Fantasy proves this, the aliens in that movie was so far from human looking as you can get it.

MSI

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
Even most of the aliens on Star Trek are bipedal and mainly humanoid in appearance.

I remember an episode on TNG that does explain why they all look humanoid, I think this was late season 6 or early season 7. Klingons, Romulans, Humans etc. where all created from the same source, a long gone alien race, living billions of years earlier, planted DNA on different planets that would evolve into the different races.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Bipedal....indeed ! EXTERMINATE

dalekag2.jpg

Cliff

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think its odd that most aliens speak english. Keep in mind I say most, I know a few situations they do not.