Streamlight Propolymer 4AA vs. Princeton Tec 40

kb0rrg

Enlightened
I am looking for a mid-sized, inexpensive light. I am considering the Streamlight Propolymer 4AA and Princeton Tec 40. Both use 4 AA batteries and have similar dimensions. How do they compare for brightness, beam quality/shape, and user friendliness? Also, is there a quality belt holster for this size/shape light? Thanks.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Pelican and if you like a narrow beam it's ok. I have the UKE 2L wich uses the same lamp assembly as the 4AA. Really nice beam. Not SF nice but nice. I haven't tried the 4AA Propolymer yet. I have the 2AA Propolymer though. Really narrow beam.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The (2AA) Streamlight Pro Polymer is very unimpressive & a total disappointment. It is very weak and narrow.

The (4AA) Pro Polymer is the opposite, super bright + wide beam. I luv the damn thing.

The (3C) Pro Polymer is also very nice, 12000 candle power.

My favorite out of the three models is the Streamlight (4AA) by far.

The Tec 40 compared with the Pro polymer is a joke. The (Tec 40) is cute but very weak + narrow.

The Pro Polymer (3C) is an improved copy of the Pelican Super Saberlite?

------------------
Seen any Martians?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

All the Pro Polymers can be activated two ways including rear button push. The Tec 40 can only be activated one way by turning the head assembly.

The Tec 40 is much slimmer, but is has a weak narrow beam in comparison.

Buy them both, test them side by side, return the loser and keep the winner.

hahahaha......

kb0rrg

Enlightened
Well, I guess it is unanimous. I will go with the streamlight Propolymer 4AA. Thanks for the advice. Now, does anyone have a good idea for a belt sheath for this light???

PS> Was the flashlight in the movie "Castaway" a Scorpion???

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have not seen "Cast Away" yet.

The Scorpion is great. That sucker is bright.

Streamlight products are fantastic.

There are alot of people that own and luv their Lithium powered bright torches. I use my lights daily for different things. I cannot fathom spending 30-40 dollars per week just to have a bright light with a 10 year shelf life with an operational one hour use time. Just not cost effective. Damn stupid.

If those Lithium batteries were about $0.90 cents each I would be more apt. A frequent user like me would spend a mini-fortune.

I carry lights, I have lights in all the vehicles, house torches, work torches. It's either (alkaline or NiCads/NiMH) for me.

My (4AA) Pro Polymer just rides in my pocket, front or back. Put one in your wifes purse. Leave one in a car glove box. It has a (4-5) hour per set of batteries "run time" starting at 6000 candle power. I get (AA) batteries for about $0.90 cents per unit. You can get them much cheaper if you go "no-name brand".

The (D), (C) size batteries are about $1.00 per unit. Not much cost difference between the two sizes. The (AA) are only a little less per unit. The (NiCads/NiMH) with a 1000 charges per unit minus will be "FREE". hahaha

But the (Lithiums) at an average of $3.00 per unit for a 1 hour run time. Who cares about a 10 year shelflife? I don't. I will probably be dead in 10 years.

I paid about $20.00 for the Pro 4AA.

After you buy it, tell us how bright YOU think it is.

------------------
Seen any Martians?

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by NiMH on 01-14-2001 at 10:10 PM</font>

Latest posts