Jil Lumens Output

veleno

Enlightened
I'm also interested in knowing the output of the Jil LR (3W). Is it regulated?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
veleno,

The JIL LR series is basically direct drive so it is not regulated. The JIL HI is regulated and set to around 350ma. If you mod the JIL with a seoul led, you should get much more output.

Cheers!

LouRoy

Enlightened
I was just recently fooling around with my light meter and taking readings using the ceiling bounce test. My Jil Intelli on burst puts out 10% more light that my FF3 on burst as measured by the light meter.

The FF3 was measured in an integrating sphere by ARC and the ones they tested got around 70 lumens. So I would say the Intelli exceeds that by a small amount. Note that my Intelli is from the first batch and the newer ones (that have been discontinued) may be different.

My Jil 1.3w with the Bus extension (with two alkaline batteries), puts out the same amount of light as my HDS B42 on its high setting. So I would say the Jil 1.3w puts out about 40 lumens. Note that this is also an older model and the new ones may be different.

One interesting note, the Jil 1.3w was quite a bit dimmer if just run with a single CR2 battery.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
LouRoy said:
One interesting note, the Jil 1.3w was quite a bit dimmer if just run with a single CR2 battery.

That's a weird one. 3V primaries hold their voltage better than nimh. I know primaries sag quite a big but at only 350ma to the led, the 3V primary shouldn't sag that much. Weird weird...

vortechs

Enlightened
hivoltage said:
Can anybody tell me the lumen output of the new Jil lights that Lighthound has for sale? Thanks

Lumens are hard to measure, but the Intelli drives a TWOH Luxeon-III at about or somewhat over its rated current (in the Max Brightness setting), so from looking at the Luxeon bin_codes for a T-bin brightness it should be about 67-87 lumens or a bit more. Goldserve's new Seoul P4 upgrade for the JIL should be significantly brighter.

See my JIL info post: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1397319#post1397319

There is a review of the JIL lights here:
--Review of the JIL by respected CPF member Cones: (http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/) (look on the 'torches' page for reviews of the "JIL-Lite CR2 1.3W UP", "JIL-Lite CR2 DD UP", and the "FluPIC JIL DD")

Russianesq

Enlightened
My JIL DD purchased from Lighthoud.com

Also curious about lumens. However, this light with rechargable batteries is a light blaster compared to Arc AAA P.

JIL-CR2004.jpg

JIL-CR2013.jpg

JIL-CR2015.jpg

JIL-CR2024.jpg