any thoughts on the surefire e2l?

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I had been thinking about buying a kl1 led head for my e2e, but i was looking at one at a local dealer and decded i had to have one. i liked the long clip, and the clicky switch, and the fact it is just an e2 body which means you can lego it. So far i like the output, nice throw and spill. Pretty good color. The search isnt working for me so i couldnt find much on the kl1 head, so i thought i would ask. What the opinion of the kl1 head and the e2l as a whole? I bought g2 last week and love it. I have been carying the g2 and the e2e but know i think i wil carry the g2 for distance and brightness and use the e2l for close work and such since it has better battery life. sure fires carry a premium price but there isnt anything in the same league, i see why you al like them and i am glad i decided to jump in.. so any thoughts comments on the e2l??

later chris

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your looking for up-close work the KL1 may not be your bag unless u use the F04 diffuser. The bean is rather tight and not a good up-close light.

Have you thought of the KL4? It may be too bright for your needs but is more of a "wall of light" as opposed to a spot beam

snapper said:
I had been thinking about buying a kl1 led head for my e2e, but i was looking at one at a local dealer and decded i had to have one. i liked the long clip, and the clicky switch, and the fact it is just an e2 body which means you can lego it. So far i like the output, nice throw and spill. Pretty good color. The search isnt working for me so i couldnt find much on the kl1 head, so i thought i would ask. What the opinion of the kl1 head and the e2l as a whole? I bought g2 last week and love it. I have been carying the g2 and the e2e but know i think i wil carry the g2 for distance and brightness and use the e2l for close work and such since it has better battery life. sure fires carry a premium price but there isnt anything in the same league, i see why you al like them and i am glad i decided to jump in.. so any thoughts comments on the e2l??

later chris

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
My E2L is my work light, it lights up photocells that are blocked, gears not turning, rubber belts that are broken inside complex dark machines, it will throw a good light a good distance, not like an A2, or an E2E incan but it serves a puprose, the E2L beam is focused and squarish, once you get used to it, the E2L will be your companion for life.

Dadof6

Enlightened
As for me, I'd spend a little more money on the KL4. Brighter, more of a flood, that will light up all of the machinery which will give you a bigger picture of what might be wrong.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed... Also, the Q-3 could be a good option for shorter $$$

Dadof6 said:
As for me, I'd spend a little more money on the KL4. Brighter, more of a flood, that will light up all of the machinery which will give you a bigger picture of what might be wrong.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
For most everything, I prefer the KL1 head on a E1e body. The output is very close to the KL1 on a 2 cell body, the light can be run off a rechargeable battery and it is all much smaller and easier to carry.

The beam of the KL1 is very useful as it focuses the light into a well defined spot. I find this useful during daylight hours because it's focused beam does a better job in areas where there higher levels of ambient light; in these areas, the LED's that use reflectors are somewhat less effective as much of the output from the emitter is lost as the spill is easily washed out by the ambient light.

-Goatee

bigfoot

Enlightened
I just bought an E1L a couple of weekends ago. How did I live without it for this long?! Small and compact with plenty of light. The best $99 I've spent in a LONG time...

:rock:

snapper

Newly Enlightened
anybody run rechargeables in these? How is the run time? Brightness? What brand size type are they? Well after using it a while i like it. The beam is just right for most things amd has durn good throw.. So any other thoughts??

later chris

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
snapper said:
anybody run rechargeables in these? How is the run time? Brightness? What brand size type are they? Well after using it a while i like it. The beam is just right for most things amd has durn good throw.. So any other thoughts??

later chris

I want to know how it runs on rechargeables too...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1 on a 1 cell body runs perfect on rechargeables. I have not done any run tests but for use as an EDC, it seems to go on forever on a single charge. I have heard that the output is greater with the RCR123 batteries but I cannot tell a difference.

Great light! I highly recommend it.

-Goatee

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I may have to pick one up. I'm thinking of getting a black HA E1e and black KL1.

Wheres' a good place to get the 3.7v rechargeables?