Pelican M6 LED (2390) Broken?

fubar

Newly Enlightened
I think my M6 is faulty! I took it out of it's holster for the first time in a week or so and the switch will not click on. I can keep it on by keeping the button pressed but as soon as I remove my thumb the torch turns off :(

I've unscrewed the switch cap but can't get to the innards to figure whats gone wrong, the spring seems like it still does push upwards, it's certainly nothing to do with over tightening or anything like that.

Unfortunately I've left the bloody thing at work, could someone please advise how I go about fixing this problem?

Cheers

Fubar

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why don't you just return it to the merchant for an exchange/replacement, or send it to Pelican and get it replaced? Why do you want to take it apart and risk voiding your warranty?

fubar said:
I think my M6 is faulty! I took it out of it's holster for the first time in a week or so and the switch will not click on. I can keep it on by keeping the button pressed but as soon as I remove my thumb the torch turns off :(

I've unscrewed the switch cap but can't get to the innards to figure whats gone wrong, the spring seems like it still does push upwards, it's certainly nothing to do with over tightening or anything like that.

Unfortunately I've left the bloody thing at work, could someone please advise how I go about fixing this problem?

Cheers

Fubar

Blazer

Enlightened
I had the identical problem.
The retailer would not replace it for me and told me to contact Pelican. They sent me a new tailcap, works perfect, in the mail.

I am in Canada and contacted
Craig Baikie

Inventory and Logistics Manager

Pelican Products Inc. (Canada)

Ph: (780) 481-6076 ext 226

Fax: (780) 481-9586

Toll Free: 1-866-273-5422

I don't know who the contact is in the US but somebody in a similar position should be able to help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with mine and I called up Pelican and they sent me a couple extra tail caps that fixed the problem. they have have GREAT customer service and warranty.

doug

fubar

Newly Enlightened
Sent an email to Pelican UK, hope I get as good a service as diggdug13!

Cheers

Fubar

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
fubar said:

Cheers

Fubar

go to there website look under "contact us" and give them a call. they respond alot better to voice calls than email.

doug

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Pelican has a UK contact, you might want to pick up the phone and call them instead. Somes e-mail gets directed to a centralized location (U.S. maybe), or to an outsourced location.

And I just checked Pelican's international contacts, and it would appear that your contact in Europe would be with Pelican Products S.A. in Barcelona, since there is no Pelican UK. The European web site for Pelican is at http://www.peli.com/ . Perhaps the Pelican UK that you sent your e-mail to is actually a merchant who has assumed the company name?

fubar said:

Cheers

Fubar

fubar

Newly Enlightened
Bah, I assumed http://www.peliproducts.co.uk/ was the UK branch. Called Spain just now and they are closed until the 16th for the holidays - another email sent and will recall them on the 16th if I don't get a reply.

Thanks again!

Fubar

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like they're a retail merchant. If you purchased the light from them, you might be able to get it replaced through them.

Before contacting Pelican in Spain, have you tried to get a replacement through your retail vendor? If the vendor offers to have it repaired, you may as well deal with Pelican directly, as the dealer will only take a little longer to do the same thing, and then contact you when they get the light back from Pelican.

fubar said:
Bah, I assumed http://www.peliproducts.co.uk/ was the UK branch. Called Spain just now and they are closed until the 16th for the holidays - another email sent and will recall them on the 16th if I don't get a reply.

Thanks again!

Fubar

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
turn it on and loosen the tailcap while its on.

im very surprised at this, considering my tailcap is extremely reliable.

-David

fubar

Newly Enlightened
cheapo said:
turn it on and loosen the tailcap while its on.

im very surprised at this, considering my tailcap is extremely reliable.

-David

Tried that but it stays off without my finger depressed - tried on all stages of tailcap unscrewed. The switch also feels like it's catching on something - the button feels rough when being depressed.

My Pelican takes a beating whilst it's in its holster, I can only guess the plastic insert in the holster has caught the switch or something.

fubar

Newly Enlightened
ARGH!

Sent my M6 off to Peli UK last Thursday and got the replacement this afternoon. The replacement has exactly the same problem as the one I sent back!!!

It is definitely a new tailcap - the one I sent back had a noticable scratch accross it - I'm gonna have to send this one back now and wait for the new one. No good when I'm reverting to a crappy C cell Maglite when I'm on duty :(

Is there a fault with this torch or have I been incredibly unlucky?

steve_vance

Enlightened
Blazer said:
I had the identical problem.
The retailer would not replace it for me and told me to contact Pelican. They sent me a new tailcap, works perfect, in the mail.

I am in Canada and contacted
Craig Baikie

Inventory and Logistics Manager

Pelican Products Inc. (Canada)

Ph: (780) 481-6076 ext 226

Fax: (780) 481-9586

Toll Free: 1-866-273-5422

I don't know who the contact is in the US but somebody in a similar position should be able to help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

800-473-5422 and ask for warranty dept

BBL

Enlightened
chesterqw said:
those cases happen in the incan version of the pelican M6
the 2390 should not have this problem.
I own both. How does it short out?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
not know. but it seems like the incan version of the pelican m6 is a totally sealed up light.
so the gas the cells produce cannot go anywhere and pressure increase and poof :)

you might wanna check your pelican M6 2390, you take off the o-ring near to the gripping texture on the body. there should be a hole there for the gas to escape.