Remove E2e Clip

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
This past weekend my E2e clip got bent unusable. SF is sending me a new one but I can get it off. I took the head off and pulled with all my might but it wont budge. Am I doing somethings wrong or is there and easier way?

Thanks

xdanx

Enlightened
Get a shoe lace or paracord, loop it around the clip. Then hold the body and pull the string very hard.

EDIT: take the bezel off first

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
xdanx said:
...hold the body and pull the string very hard.
Make sure you don't lose the little plastic spacer that'll come flying out. If you do, the new clip won't sit in properly.

Campbell

Newly Enlightened
I have removed SF clips by placing the clip in a small vice and gently tapping the body of the light with a small dead blow hammer or a small hammer and a piece of wood. Remove batteries, head, and tailcap before the hammering part. Heed Green LEDs advice about capturing the spacer.

spin180

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, what's this about a spacer?

:huh2:

My E2e doesn't have one either.

roguesw

Enlightened
the little spacer was surefires temporary fix for the oring
in the original design, there was no spacer and so there was a little gap where the clip was
as a result, the oring when compressed could squish in there and lose water resistence
surefire first issued a little plastic spacer,
then they resorted to issuing a flat washer that sits over the gap
i have an e2e that was an old one, didnt have a plastic washer or plastic spacer
then e20, this had plastic washer
then L4 body, this didnt have plastic washer / spacer
then e2D body, this has the plastic spacer
as far as i know, i think surefire didnt continue making it with the little plastic spacer and moved onto a plastic washer

the plastic spacer fits into the hole
the plastic washer fits over the hole

hope this helps

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
Well I got it off, now i just need to know which way it goes back in when i go to install the new one?

Thanks