Fenix L2T has same run time as SL Jr. Lux?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st gen that is... According to flashlight reviews.. in fact, the 2nd gen SL Jr. seems to have better run time, as they rate the L2T at only 1.5 hours? Yeah, they do have more Lumens, but am I missing something?

LNL40

Newly Enlightened
Look at the charts for runtime of the L2T at the Fenix Store. L2T get about 18 hours on low using alkaline batt. Low on the L2T is a little less output than the SL, but high on the L2T is twice what the SL will do.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
quote:
On high it will last around 1.5 hours but much longer on low

Yes, I am aware on low it will last longer, but the 1.5 hours on high is how long the original SL Jr. lasts. The 2nd gen. SL Jr. supposedly runs longer, so it may outrun both 1st SL and Fenix.

So, what exact advantage does it offer?

Tesla

Enlightened
It's all in your personal definition of "advantage".

L2T has: slightly more output/dual output levels/higher cost/no "real" warranty

Streamlight Jr. has: slightly longer runtime/lower cost/a "real" warranty

I'd say if you don't need 2 levels of light, the Streamlight might be the better deal....especially, if you have any concerns about which company (Fenix or Streamlight) is most likely to be in business when/if you have any issues with the product. The Fenix is basically a throwaway commodity. (Free labor--but you buy the parts when it breaks???....talk about a useless warranty).

Now I know someone will pipe up and say that the companies that are selling the Fenix products now back them with their own warranty (which in and of itself speaks for how poor the warranty is). My question is, how are THEY going to honor the warranty if the upstart company goes belly up in 6 months? Where are they going to get the parts, etc?

Understand, I'm not knocking the actual product per se, but I do have reservations about buying something that the manufacturer doesn't have enough faith in to offer a bonafide warranty...especially when they've been in business such a short time and operate offshore.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good points.

I've had SL Jr for 2 years now and like it. I would like to replace it with something better, if I can find it. I am OK with lumens rating but would like to increase the run time.

Any suggestions for a 2AA?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L2P or L2T fed Ni-MH cells. The L2P will do 4 hours on 2500mAh Ni-mH and likely about 4.5-5 on the new 2650/2700mAh cells.

The L2T is good for 3+ hours high on 2650's and 22+ on low.