What a Night :(

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man what a rough night.................Picked up a rotary table and have been playing with it for around 6 hours :)

The body of this light started out as double the length with around 2+ hours invested into the machine work.

Popped it into the lathe needed to trim the end a bit and WHAM popped out of the chuck destroying 2-inches of the body..........

Ok cut off the damaged part.................re-threaded the internal threads.......pop it back into to finish the trimming and BAMO same thing :(

Choped another 2 inches off................................. Finally :)
What Kills me is the fact that I have done this 100 times and it has never happened ONCE. Now that I had 2+ hours invested it had to happen. Anyway here she is........a little shorter that I had anticipated.

Custom_1-vi.jpg

And another flavor

Custom_2-vi.jpg

Last edited:

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
Custom_1-vi.jpg

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee, kindly let me know if you will be making a run of this, surely be interested to get 1, btw great work, :twothumbs

alvin :)

metalhed

Enlightened
Gorgeous work Mac...I especially like the silver one. Damn you're good...

...even when you're bad, apparently. :laughing:

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
Wow. Your failures look pretty darn successful to me, Mac.

awesome work and some beautiful lights.

Illum

Flashaholic
The Successful failure in your case

I think your a bit too high on expectations
I LOVE THAT SILVER ONE:goodjob:, you cannot convince me that there are errors on that light [unless you told me already :laughing:]

Give yourself a good pat on the back, and means of mass production PM us!:naughty:
especially alvin70 :grin2:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data said:
Very cool looking. :twothumbs

Are you using a six jaw chuck or a collet chuck?

Dave

I'm using a 6" import Horizontal / Vertical rotary table. I turned down an expanding arbor (1.350") to hold the "D" size body's. I purchased it to speed up the Tri-Boring process and to play with it as seen above.

I WISH I had a CNC..... :)

Mac