Blaster (Black/Gold) Color Combination

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few flashlights that will be a combo of black/gold.

Black.Gold.Blaster.1.jpg

Comments? How does this look?

Wayne J.
www.elektrolumens.com

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
...wierd...

just kidding... it would look better if it had a gold button though
grin.gif

jmm

Newly Enlightened
Wayne - When the original color offering was made, I didn't flinch because I always thought flashlights were supposed to be black or natural HA, not gold or green. But... I actually like the the black/gold combo as shown. Maybe I'm just weirding out (I couldn't possibly be becoming "open minded"), but if you want to get rid of a combo, feel free to substitute it for the black Blaster2 I have on order.

John

snuffy

Enlightened
Originally posted by jmm:
But... I actually like the the black/gold combo as shown. Maybe I'm just weirding out
John[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Or maybe a secret Purdue Boilermaker fan ?
grin.gif
grin.gif

KnightStar

Newly Enlightened
If you still have one left after the above orders, I would like one. Please email me and I will send another MO.
Thanks, Wayne.
Steve

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by KnightStar:
If you still have one left after the above orders, I would like one. Please email me and I will send another MO.
Thanks, Wayne.
Steve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Last I checked, I have 15 of these left. That'll be it until mid February.

Wayne J.

Banshee

Enlightened
*cough* Can it go BOTH ways
smile.gif

black head and tail with gold body?

Hemingray

Enlightened
I like it, I do the same thing with various M*g
L*tes, al though I do have to admit that I "borrowed" the idea from Craig Johnson. Mix and match, it's all part of the fun... It does make it easier to quickly ID a particular modded light when one has a lot of them around ;-)

My favorite mix is "patriotic" red, white (bare aluminum) and blue.

/ed b

/ed b

pec50

Enlightened
Very very clever design, Wayne. Since warm bright colors appear to visually advance and cooler colors appear to recede, you have created some interesting visual dynamics, when combining the warm gold colored matching end pieces with the cool colored body. The resulting product appears visually shorter in length.

jmm

Newly Enlightened
pec50 - Hard to believe that a process of that complexity could be going on in my tierd, cluttered old mind, I was beginning to think that maybe snuffy had nailed it.
grin.gif

Seriously, I was thinking that having a lighter colored finish on the two parts of the light that usually get scratched up first might help keep it looking better, longer (and that familiar black cylindrical shape would still be there to grab for...).

John

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Marty Weiner:
Unless I misread my calendar, the Blaster II's should be shipping in a couple of days! Is that right Wayne? Is green still a viable color?

Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I should be shipping them out some time next week.
Green is not available yet.

Wayne