Best rechargeable under 50 $

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I love this forum, I'm only here from 3 days and I'm always reading suggestion, review etc..

I'm looking for a rechargeable flashlight for one of my friend (birthday on september 2nd), he needs a rechargeable, I read some opinions and 7w golston impressed me. He has to use that to illuminate far away around 100 mts ( 30 ft )

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Simone
:dedhorse:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rechargable lights are usually slightly expensive. You could however buy a light that can accept rechargable batteries. I suggest the Fenix series of lights, and specifically the Fenix L2P or Fenix L2T. They are both around $40 and you can buy a charger and rechargable cells at Walmart for about $20.

Either of those lights will easily light up a target at 30ft. The L2T has more output and is also a dual stage light, but it also has less runtime than the L2P. Either of those would be a good choice.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
For throw, go with a ProPoly in 4AA or 3C (LUXEON MODELS!). Those things can blast out a spot for an incredible distance.

Get them here.

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered the FENIX one to test !
I'll check out the Propoly too.
Any suggestion is appreciated!
Thanxxx

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be careful that you don't compare apples to oranges with rechargeable lights. There is the hazard of converting a conventional light use rechargeable batteries that can total more than buying a light that is rechargeable. Be sure that you factor in the cost rechargeable batteries and the charger, in addition to the cost of the flashlight itself; then factor in the convenience factor to see if the added inconvenience of frequent battery removal for charging out is worth the price difference between it and a rechargable light that you simply drop into a cradle.

I'm afraid you may not be calculating or converting distances correctly. While that Chinese light might illuminate to 30 feet, you'll want to understand that the distance is just a little over 9 meters; it is not 100 meters. For a 100 meter throw, you'll need one of the higher end incandescents, like the rechargeable 10W lights from Mag and Streamlight that are popular with American police.

While you said earlier that you were with an Italian police department of some sort, it's not clear as to what your actual needs may be. If you're looking for a personal sized flashlight to be carried on the belt, the Streamlight Stinger and Strion are both popular rechargeable lights, and various 2 cell CR123 incandescent lights from Surefire, Streamlight, and Pelican are popular, however none of those are within your $50 ceiling price. Like the general population, LED lights have not caught on that much with most police uses either, however there are some who are making the transition or use a LED light as a backup to an incandescent light.

lucertolone said:
Hello,
I love this forum, I'm only here from 3 days and I'm always reading suggestion, review etc..

I'm looking for a rechargeable flashlight for one of my friend (birthday on september 2nd), he needs a rechargeable, I read some opinions and 7w golston impressed me. He has to use that to illuminate far away around 100 mts ( 30 ft )

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Simone
:dedhorse:

lucertolone

Newly Enlightened
Hello Brighteyez,

for me I opted for a Surefire, the rechargeable torch is for my friend's birthday, I thought that it should be a good gift for him.
Thanks for helping me !
Simo

Latest posts