My ARC LS +E2e&KL1 Hybrid

dirobesh

Enlightened
This started off as a bit of a joke but has actually worked out to be a lot better than I thought. I know it's not really a mod as such but with my hamfisted skills it's the best I can do....

fcbd68c0.jpg

ARC LS fastened by 2 jubilee clips to an E2e+KL1.

fcbd68cd.jpg

Comfortable to hold.

fcbd68d7.jpg

Nicely balanced and not top heavy.

fcbd68c7.jpg

Easy to turn on the ARC LS for extra light.

fcbd68b4.jpg

KL1 on it's own.
fcbd68ba.jpg

KL1+ARC LS

OK, so it's not brilliant in the grand scheme of things but it'll do me 'till I get my KL3....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Apologies if this has been done before.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not use standard (incandescent) E2 and the arc LS ?

That way you get the best of both worlds, E2 for its long throw and the Arc for its nice white beam for close range illumination.

Rooster

Newly Enlightened
Uhh, I hate to break it to ya, but if you are not impressed with the output of the KL1, I doubt you'll like the KL3 that much better. Other than its very purposeful looks, its output is only marginally better. It's very difficult to discern the difference between the two in real-world naked eye situations. It is still cool, just for the sheer industrial artistry. It looks like it could be atomic-powered or something, with all the heat sink area. Kinda reminds me of a mini Harley-Davidson jug... Mine is much "whiter" and more diffuse (more flood-like) than my KL1, no trace of blue or violet, and absolutely no greenish cast like all the KL1's I've seen, but that's a crap-shoot, left to chance.

dirobesh

Enlightened
Why not use standard (incandescent) E2 and the arc LS ?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">.
I thought of doing that but I wanted the 4 hour run time of the KL1 with the ARC LS as an occasional "boost".

Rooster - I know the KL3 is only slightly brighter than the KL1 but just LOOK at it...!
smile.gif

Rooster

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the looks alone are reason enough to own a KL3, for me anyway. There are those who feel the opposite about it, and won't own one because of the looks. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was down on the KL3, just thought you should know about the output if you didn't already. It's nice to know there are people who share the same interests in Scotland. It's a place I feel drawn to, someday I'll go there...