Hey all - new to the forums. I'm sure it's a common Q, but, I have lots of 2-AA Mags

ab

Enlightened
Re: Hey all - new to the forums. I\'m sure it\'s a common Q, but, I have lots of 2-AA Mags

Dat2Zip's BadBoys and MadMax spring to mind, as does Lambda's IllPill. Inretech as a drop-in for the M@g 2AA as well. All of these are Luxeons.

(love my MadMax!)

A.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hey all - new to the forums. I\'m sure it\'s a common Q, but, I have lots of 2-AA Mags

opalec and magmaled also a good choice
smile.gif

S

ScottAW

Hey all - new to the forums. I\'m sure it\'s a common Q, but, I have lots of 2-AA Mags

I've got quite a few 2-AA maglites lying around, and was curious what LED-mod's are out there that I can try? Have never modified a flashlight, but am a mechanial engineer and a gadget-lover at heart, and have taken many things apart and *improved* them for fun. So, I figured it's time to venture into having some fun with the flashlights.

So - any good links, websites, or kits out there for me to modify these maglites?

Thanks!
grin.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scott, Email sent

S

ScottAW

Thanks Bushman. Mail isn't showing up in Yahoo, they must be slow/down for a bit - I'll check in on it later though!
smile.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Scott,

Welcome to the Board. Everyone already told you just about all the options presently available for Mini Mags.

See ya around...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll second dat2zip's BadBoy and MadMax boards. They'll produce a brighter and longer throwing beam than the Inretech. Conversely, the Inretech will run for a very, very long time on a standard set of Alkalines. As mentioned above both are luxeon LED based.

If you want max runtime the Magmaled might(?) offer the longest since it's a single 5mm(?) LED.

Jon

Entropy

Enlightened

If you want to see the latest in LED technology, one of dat2zip's BadBoy boards are up near the top. BadBoy modules are easy to install and VERY BRIGHT.

KevininPa

Newly Enlightened

I just received a bb500 kit.The difference is absolutely amazing, compared to the standard mag.
I'm going to order the 400 kit with the McFlood for my worklight.The Kroll switch is a worthwhile investment also.

Kevin in Pa