Foresight LED lights

Bullseye00

Newly Enlightened
In the Spring of 2005 I purchased a 2AA MiniMag type light that had three LEDs instead of an incandescent bulb. It was made by a company called Foresight and seemed better constructed than the Dorcy 2AA, with a side clicky switch. The side clicky made it longer than the Dorcy or a MiniMag, but I liked the side clicky, and the rubber grip on the Dorcy made it hard to get out of a sheath.
Then I did some endurance testing with all my lights and discovered something strange. The Foresight's performance was the opposite of the other LED lights in the test.(Mostly lights you could find at Walmart and Target, made by Energizer, Dorcy, Brinkmann, etc...) While the other lights did best on the highest quality alkaline batteries and worst on NiMH batteries, the Foresight did worst with the highest quality alkalines, moderately with the lesser quality alkalines, and best with the NiMH batteries. I got about 140 hours run time out of the Foresight with NiMH batteries.(100 hours with the "better" alkalines, 120 with the "lesser" alkalines) I now know that this light must've been designed to run optimally with NiMH batteries, but then I just had to wonder what was up.

When I went to the web site, http://www.foresight-usa.com I got redirected to a page saying "This web site is under construction and coming soon." The same thing it says today. Shortly thereafter Target discontinued the Foresight 2AA lights but I was able to get a couple more before they all sold out.

These are nice lights, they're decently constructed and have a great run time, especially with NiMH batteries. They're not terribly bright, but it looks like they're optimized for run time. I've never seen any other Foresight products or seen/heard anything more about them.

Has anyone heard anything about Foresight or Foresight USA?

sean m

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a 4 D cell and 2 D cell Foresights for dole outs at work(college security department) for a total of $15 at Big Lots last year. So far they have held up well for cheap lights. I won't be too upset if they grow legs either.

watt4

Enlightened
welcome to cpf.

they've been mentioned here a few times. do a cpf search for "foresight"

incan version:

foresight026dk.jpg

Last edited: