QUALITY CHINA GOODS - Anybody have problems?

mhubble

Enlightened
Placed a order on july 20th, 11 days later received an email stating the package had just shipped. Its now 16 days later and I still dont have a package. Has anybody else had this kind of problem with them?

Varroa

Newly Enlightened
I live in Canada and it normaly takes about 2 - 3 weeks for the package to arrive once it has been shipped (dam Canadian customs! :rant: )

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I have placed one order with them. Took about two weeks. Arrived nicely packed.

Dae (the owner) is a respected CPF member and has always answered my emails quickly. I don't think you need worry. Many, many CPF members have purchased from him.

Actually for me in Southern California, I receive goods from China faster than I do from Canada. Go figure! Anyway, customs can really throw a wrench in things sometimes.

Take care, I'm sure it will work out fine!

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Dae, has sombody called freya helping him, my last couple of emails have come from her.

It has been taking about a week to get a response to email i have sent recently.

I use to receive orders in about a week to the UK, it`s now two weeks an counting.

if it`s going to take that long, I think i will order my batterys from Aw, even if they are a bit more expensive.

Dae customer service is not that great at the moment.

is he on holiday.?

regards.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
They offer lights on the wholesale site that they don't offer on the retail site. If you order less than $200 from the wholesale site they add 30% to your order.
The wholesale site has a 10 watt that can use two 3.6V CR123A's
(http://www.szwholesale.com/super-bright-bulbs-imported-from-p-735.html)
and a regulated 6 watt that can use one 3.6V CR123A (It's not the dual stage light - It's made by Superfire & only has one power level. And it looks WAY better than the two level 6 watt light)
(http://www.szwholesale.com/ultrafirereg-1xlir123a-wf603a-regulated-p-718.html)
The order's coming from China. It's gonna take at LEAST ten days to get to you ,probably more like 14.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
By my standards, I purchased a considerable amount from Mr. Dae Xu's wholesale site. I have had orders get behind because of international customs clearances those delays are at the mercy of government bureaucrats there and in the U.S.A. and Mr. Xu has no control over that. Current world events has caused U.S. Customs to take a closer look at some things, a fact I can verify first hand, whether that shifts manpower or slows mail because of direct inspection I do not know but I have noticed a delay in international shipments from China.

If there was any problem with getting the product out I think it has been corrected. I communicate often because of my purchases with Mr. Xu and TODAY I have the assurance from Mr. Xu that he is taking extra measures to get the orders to his customers at an accelerated rate. From my experience his word is sacred and good and I trust him, he is working very diligently to get product to his customers. Time dating his emails shows he is working long and late hours. I have an outstanding order right now. I will be patient. For each inquiry we send him he must take time from obtaining and shipping his products to answer the email. A small staff is low overhead and better prices for us. One thing I know for a fact if you order from him you will get it. If he is out of stock he will tell you and also the expected delivery time. He will not string you out like so many, even most of the other off shore suppliers. There are so many of us world wide who wish to communicate with Mr. Xu and only one of him. He is going to have to learn how to live on 2 hours sleep a week!

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
bullinchinashop said:
They offer lights on the wholesale site that they don't offer on the retail site. If you order less than $200 from the wholesale site they add 30% to your order.
The wholesale site has a 10 watt that can use two 3.6V CR123A's
(http://www.szwholesale.com/super-bright-bulbs-imported-from-p-735.html)

I've been pleased with them and they went out of their way to fix a problem with a light I bought from them even though it was/is clearly a design problem and not theirs.

Has anyone seen the 10 watt light?

snowleopard

Newly Enlightened
My experience was good and matched the time frame I read about here. From what I read here before I ordered, if there's a problem he fixes it. He has satisfied customers. It took about 2 weeks total as I recall. The lights were interesting. Ultrafire 2W is quite good, 49 LED 2AA was nice but fragile switch (easily repairable though), the 25 LED headlamp I like but small headband. All well worth what they cost. Mention you belong to CPF and give him your CPF name; he gave me a discount I wasn't expecting.
--Walter

Spudman

Enlightened
I had a Golston I had to send back. I think Dae forgot to send it back to me and I had to send a couple of emails over several weeks before I got a response back.

Then he REFUNDED my purchase price AND shipping AND sent the light back to me. I hadn't asked for a refund either. I got the paypal notice the same time as the email from Dae. Yes, there was a delay, but I am more than satisfied that I can and will do business with him again.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I ordered 4 lights and got them about 2 weeks ago. I am satisfied overall but i can't recommend the 4AA 100LED light as it is exceedingly fragile.

They took 15 or 16 days to get from China to New York. :)

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered from them a couple of times. Most recently, I've received emails from the above mentioned "Freya" when my order was about to be shipped. I've never had any problems with either the items I've ordered, nor their customer service.

Perhaps the recent events concerning airline security has slowed shipments? I'd give it another week or two and see what happens. This stuff is getting shipped literally on the "slow boat from China". :)

mhubble

Enlightened
Got my package today from QUALITY CHINA GOODS. Thats 17 days from China to Virginia in the US. I think customs must of held it up. The package looked like it had been opened and resealed. But the order was complete.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
They've always shipped fast. If only there was a way to RMA broken crap that they ship. I only have one light that was DOA. No repsonse to e-mail. Oh well, it was $8. Lesson learned. Dont get the 1AA UV light.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
carbine15 said:
Lesson learned. Dont get the 1AA UV light.
I bought the 1AA UV light, and I love it.

Mine flickered a bit when I first got it. Try unscrewing the head end, and get a pair of long needle nose pliers. Stick the tips in the two holes in the retaining ring in the head. Unscrew the retaining ring, and clean both sides with DeOxit and/or ProGold if you have any. Now put the ring back in, and tighten it up good. Screw the head back onto the body tube, and tighten that up good too. Mine works perfectly after that.

Good enough UV output to find the cat pee, and no need for those stupid 3xAAA carriers.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had two leds not working and noticed that the head was not straight with the body. I started to unscrew the head end and it came off without the threads. The threading was cut too deep, clean through the body at the head and it sheared off. There's no way to fix it short of getting a new body or welding (which I have no experience in.) I already send an e-mail... 3 weeks ago.:rant: