Pelican M6 2390 Info

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I have lights such as the L2P and HDS42XRGT and Streamlight PP 4AA Luxeon, but I want a light that combines all these BEAMS into one. I want a beam with a good side spill and long throw. I have come down to the Pelican M6 2390 and have chosen it as the light for me. Can you please give me your opinion on this light? And if there are any other lights that I should look at. My price range is around 100 dollars. Thanks

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like mine, the head threads are a little rought imho though, but some sorta greace might help. The clicky is very very reliable, and easy to click. It is able to use r123s, which is great. Nice throwy beam, and ok spill, but not u2 type spill.

check my sigline for beamshots.

-David

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just what Cheapo said! I use a protected 17670 in mine.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite honestly, I'd say stay with your SL PP. The 2390 isn't going to equal it in either spill or throw if that is what you're after. But the 2390 is a viable alternative if you need to have something that is a bit more compact.

Lumenation said:
I have lights such as the L2P and HDS42XRGT and Streamlight PP 4AA Luxeon, but I want a light that combines all these BEAMS into one. I want a beam with a good side spill and long throw. I have come down to the Pelican M6 2390 and have chosen it as the light for me. Can you please give me your opinion on this light? And if there are any other lights that I should look at. My price range is around 100 dollars. Thanks

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
the pm6 will either have a bigger spot, a wider spillbeam, or brighter spill.... considering that it has quite a bit more output. The throw will easily equal your sl pp.

-David

Delvance

Enlightened
The threads on my 2390 came rough as well..bit of Nyogel later, mhmm smooth.

i use Nyogel 759G, available at lighthound.com

frisco

Enlightened
One bad thing I found out about the 2390....... If you crank the tailcap all the way down, it dents the CR123 batteries pretty bad. I'm finding it best to tighten the cap down to where the light just comes on.... than another 1/8 of a turn.
Anybody else find this with the 2390?
Besides that, I love the light and plan on keeping it!

criollo

Enlightened
I have a couple of Pelican at one time and was dissapointed with the tailcaps (Lithium PM6 and 1watt LED). The M6 2390 is a keeper which throw pretty well. I like the beam and the output would be around 60 lumens(?)

Yes, when i crank up the tailcap all the way down it does dent the batteries. Otok recently sold some gold coated (I think) spring for the tailcap. It works flawlessly with the new spring.

Btw, the Ha nat is nice. (Bezel, Body and tailcap).

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
d batt always got stuck in d spring of d head assembly wen i screw all d way up... :ohgeez:

Delvance

Enlightened
Hrmm weird, mine's a fairly old one (serial number back a bit/dull HA finish) and it does not dent the batteries at all. However, the top cell does get stuck to the spring of the LA just like sORe-EyEz's unit, lol.

Imho, the output is a bit under 50 lumens. Overall output figure doesn't match up to the HDS 60 on FLR.com. My own 2390 in the lightbox starts off at 37 overall output but drops to a regulated 31 or so. Works out to be a bit under 50 lumens.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get that with a lot of lights when using the Chinese house brand batteries (e.g. Tenergy, Amondotech, etc.) I don't think it's just the Pelican that does that.

frisco said:
One bad thing I found out about the 2390....... If you crank the tailcap all the way down, it dents the CR123 batteries pretty bad. I'm finding it best to tighten the cap down to where the light just comes on.... than another 1/8 of a turn.
Anybody else find this with the 2390?
Besides that, I love the light and plan on keeping it!

TENNlumens

Newly Enlightened
I have both, the Pelican M6 2390, and the Pentagon L2.

On just beam differences: The center hotspot is about the same, and the spill diameter is too. What sets the two apart is the M6 is a whiter light. The L2 is slightly on the yellow side.

On body differences: They are both HA. The M6 is a smoother design, the L2 is like a lathed chess piece- a bit clunky. The L2 is also heavier.

Overall, for the bucks in output, beam quality, and color, the M6 2390
is hard to beat for the price.