Fenix L1T Opinions

joplin48

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I just received my L1T a couple of days ago and I would like to hear from those that own this light and tell me what they think of it. Pro/Con.

Thanks
Greg Joplin

Mad1

Enlightened
It's ok, the low setting really does need to be so much lower.

The tint is a yellow/green color on mine.

It also flickers going from High to low and vise versa.

Im not sure I would buy a Fenix again. Maybe a P1 but im not sure.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are great lights. I think the low level is fine...I have other lights if I want dim. Personally, I would buy the L2T light (for the higher 3 volt output) and the L1T body as you can`t do it in reverse (at least not yet). I plan on buying the 123 body as soon as it becomes available as well. I also like the Huntlight set...123 + 2 aa setup. Might be a tad brighter...but I believe you loose the high/low feature.

Ken

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's greenish. I'm on the fence about this--it does have better color rendition than a "bluish" beam.

It's a fantastic EDC light when modded with the nekomane CR123 body. But, even with the AA body, it has an excellent, regulated runtime on low with NiMh. Why would you want a "lower" low when the runtime is SO GOOD?

Bottom line: Great all-around light but, if I were to buy it again, I would buy an L2T with the $9 1xAA body that Fenix-store is now selling.

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bottom line: Great all-around light but, if I were to buy it again, I would buy an L2T with the $9 1xAA body that Fenix-store is now selling.

That would be a nice little set up - Feed on some Energizer lithiums and Bob's your mothers brother!
thumbsup.gif

CFU

Mad1

Enlightened
It's a great light for EDC I used to use it for EDC untill I got my L1.

Where can I buy this Nekomane 123 body from?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mad1, the nekomane bodies are all gone mate.

I don't think they are going to do any more, damn shame IMO.
frown.gif

I wish 4sevens and/or Nekomane would put out another "feeler" thread, I'm sure they'd get some interest.

CFU

Mad1

Enlightened
I wonder how easy it would be to make one.

My dad used to be a Mechanical Engineer making tools.

It would sure see alot more use if I could use a CR123 in it.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
NutSAK said:

Why? The L1T and L2T heads are the same. You've got the same chance of getting a crap tint with either.

I quite like my L1T, maybe I'm the only person in the world who got one without the green tint. My only beef is that low is not low enough, but I just adjust my thinking so that low is "primary", and high is "maximum" (a la HDS).

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Casual Flashlight User said:
Gadgetnerd, the L2T is brighter on high than the L1T...is this just down to running off two batteries then?
thinking.gif

Yep.

The head actually has L1T/L2T engraved on it. The brightness difference is purely down to input voltage.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it does...just looked at my L2T and it clearly has L1T/L2T engraved on it.
ohgeez.gif

I got myself all confused with the L2P head being more efficient than than the L1P head and assumed the T series would be the same...I suppose that's why there is an '***' in 'assumed'.
biggrin.gif

CFU

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
gadgetnerd said:
Why? The L1T and L2T heads are the same. You've got the same chance of getting a crap tint with either.

It has nothing to do with wanting a better tint. I would by the L2T with the extra L1T body for the simple fact that I want the options of 1xAA or 2xAA without having to buy both lights. Fenix-Store doesn't sell the L2T body separate.

I know the heads are the same.

Last edited:

aceo07

Enlightened
My first L1T has a problem with the twisty head for modes. 4sevens was very helpful in getting it replaced for me.

My current one works well, and has the best tint out of all the LED lights I have. Very very white with a tiny hint of yellow. My first AA flashlight and it's great. The low mode is good enough to use as primary mode.

You can also use the tail as a twisty if you leave the switch on ON mode.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
NutSAK said:
It has nothing to do with wanting a better tint. I would by the L2T with the extra L1T body for the simple fact that I want the options of 1xAA or 2xAA without having to buy both lights. Fenix-Store doesn't sell the L2T body separate.

Sorry about that NutSAK, it wasn't readily apparent to me when reading your post. But then again my brain is going...

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
gadgetnerd said:
Sorry about that NutSAK, it wasn't readily apparent to me when reading your post. But then again my brain is going...

Ah, it's no problem. I don't always explain things very clearly.

brucered

Newly Enlightened

i was told by fenix, to buy the L2D body and use it on my L1T v2:

"Yes, you can put the L2T body on your L1T. They are, however, called
"L2D" on our site, for the Fenix D-series.
You can find them here:
https://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=27_39
The L2D bodies are = the L2T. :)"

so my head would say L1T/L2T and the body would say L2D. call me anal, but i would kind of like the head to match the body.

oh well, if i want it, it's better than nothing i guess.

Last edited:

harddrive

Enlightened
Brucered

This thread is from 2006. The L1T they are talking about is a previous version and is a totally different light from the one currently in production.

brucered

Newly Enlightened
Brucered

This thread is from 2006. The L1T they are talking about is a previous version and is a totally different light from the one currently in production.

yeah i saw that after i posted, so added the v2 to my post

i found this thread through the search function when i was looking for a 2AA body for my L1T v2. i guess the only option is the L2D.